Re: [ScoutRadio] US Jamboree 2010

  • Gene Santoski
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 12, 2009
      Hi Bill!

      Well - I applied last week on MyScouting website.  If accepted, this will be my 6th time on the K2BSA Jamboree staff!!

      Hope to CU there!

      73, Gene K9UTQ

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 12, 2009
        Hey you guys! I have already applied several months ago and still have not heard anything definite back yet! I wanna do it too! I sent a letter to the Director and he sent me back a patch (I had already paid/applied for K2BSA,etc,)to put on my uniform. I need someone on the inside to "grease" me on in!HELP!
        Hopefully I can also say"see you on the hill" soon.

        Leading Scouts into the twenty-first century
        Curtis W. Jennings
        ASM T-7 Auburn, Alabama
        UC Saugahatchee District
        Scouting for food chairperson
        Woodbadge Staff(troop guide)SR-942
        ASM NYLT staff Chatahoochie Council
        -------------- Original message from Gene Santoski <radiofreq59@...>: --------------

[...]

      • Nathaniel Frissell

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
            Curtis and the group,
            I too had my application complete and had already received my 2010
            staff patch last year(08). I e-mailed the previous K2BSA chiefs and
            was directed to contact national. I got a cordial reply from
            national that my plea would be forwarded to the unnamed current
            director. All I am looking for now is a confirmation from our
            program director that my application is being considered. Nobody
            enjoys being left hanging for months. My family will be in Dallas
            the weekend of 11 April for the Lonestar Volleyball Tournament and I
            could volunteer to come in and help get out notifications if it would
            help. I will be monitoring our K5TIT D-Star machine on the HT.
            Also, our council filled out its troop before Thanksgiving. We had
            six young men compete for the one position of Third Assistant
            Scoutmaster; the only opening in the 18-26 bracket. Expect to hang
            tough because the competition will be.
            Hoping to see you at the Hill, Leland N5DGH

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, ki4fus@... wrote:

            > Hey you guys! I have already applied several months ago and still
            have not heard anything definite back yet! I wanna do it too! I sent
            a letter to the Director and he sent me back a patch (I had already
            paid/applied for K2BSA,etc,)to put on my uniform. I need someone on
            the inside to "grease" me on in!HELP!
            > Hopefully I can also say"see you on the hill" soon.
            >
            > Leading Scouts into the twenty-first century
            > Curtis W. Jennings
            > ASM T-7 Auburn, Alabama
            > UC Saugahatchee District
            > Scouting for food chairperson
            > Woodbadge Staff(troop guide)SR-942
            > ASM NYLT staff Chatahoochie Council
          • n5gui
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
              Gentlemen:

              I beg the pardon of each of you for the topic that I am about to
              bring to your attention.

              The following is a quote from a recent post:

              "I need someone on the inside to "grease" me on in!"

              Is THIS the kind of example that should be set for Scouting in the
              Twenty-first Century? Call it by any name: cronyism, good ole' boy
              network, favoritism, solicitation of a bribe...

              I can just imagine a young Scout standing in front of a Leader.
              What can then be said about fair play. Who would be expected to
              believe he will be fairly judged on his own abilities and
              accomplishments instead of who owes whom what favor?

              This may be the way the world actually runs. I am not naive about
              that. I am in my fortieth year dealing with the US Military and
              somewhat less experienced with Corporate America. I have some fresh
              wounds to add to my "bureaucratic battle scars from the unending war
              against the system". I do not wish to waste any of your time trying
              to say that it is not business as usual, or even that what I have to
              say will in any way change the world.

              I am going to say this is wrong. More importantly, it is the wrong
              example to set as leaders in Scouting. I feel so strongly about the
              issue that I believe that to be silent is to condone, and to
              encourage this bad behavior.

              If this is the wrong message to post on this list, I apologize in
              advance. I do not wish to insult anyone or to hurt anyone's
              feelings. I respect that others may hold different views and are
              welcome to tell me so.

              James
              n5gui

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@...> wrote:

              > Radio amateurs interest in staff positions at the 2010 Centennial
              > Jamboree should apply on line NOW at http://www.bsajamboree.org/
              >
              > The opportunities are ham station K2BSA, radio merit badge,
              > electronics merit badge, FM station KBSA and possibly as a
              > communication officer in each sub camp. I'm not sure if that
              latter
              > position is in the current plan.
              >
              > The starting point is to file an electronic application at the
              above
              > site paying $100, $50 is refundable. Your application will be
              reviewed
              > at your local council and then circulated to the activity areas.
              They
              > are now accepting into these staff position.
              >
              > I'll be with K2BSA. See you at the Hill
              >
              > Bill Ragsdale K6KN

            • Matt Murphy
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
                I applied for K2BSA staff several weeks ago. I received my appointment letter today via email.  My dad is still waiting for word.  BTW: your council office will get a copy as well.

                73,
                Matt Murphy, kc8bew
                http://mcares.kc8bew.net
                Muskingum Co. ARES EC
              • wjdeegan
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009
                  Team, I have created a Yahoo Groups site called K2BSA_2010_Team that
                  can be used as a meeting point for the staff and other volunteers
                  supporting the K2BSA operation, Radio merit badge, VE activities and
                  other related events at the 2010 Jamboree.

                  I've uploaded several files pertaining to the 2010 Jamboree and some
                  historical information from 2005.

                  All involved are cordially invited to join.

                  YiS de K9XT

                  ---