US Jamboree 2010

  • Bill Ragsdale
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2009
      Radio amateurs interest in staff positions at the 2010 Centennial
      Jamboree should apply on line NOW at http://www.bsajamboree.org/

      The opportunities are ham station K2BSA, radio merit badge,
      electronics merit badge, FM station KBSA and possibly as a
      communication officer in each sub camp. I'm not sure if that latter
      position is in the current plan.

      The starting point is to file an electronic application at the above
      site paying $100, $50 is refundable. Your application will be reviewed
      at your local council and then circulated to the activity areas. They
      are now accepting into these staff position.

      I'll be with K2BSA. See you at the Hill

      Bill Ragsdale K6KN
    • Gene Santoski
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 12, 2009
        Hi Bill!

        Well - I applied last week on MyScouting website.  If accepted, this will be my 6th time on the K2BSA Jamboree staff!!

        Hope to CU there!

        73, Gene K9UTQ

      • ki4fus@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 12, 2009
          Hey you guys! I have already applied several months ago and still have not heard anything definite back yet! I wanna do it too! I sent a letter to the Director and he sent me back a patch (I had already paid/applied for K2BSA,etc,)to put on my uniform. I need someone on the inside to "grease" me on in!HELP!
          Hopefully I can also say"see you on the hill" soon.

          Leading Scouts into the twenty-first century
          Curtis W. Jennings
          ASM T-7 Auburn, Alabama
          UC Saugahatchee District
          Scouting for food chairperson
          Woodbadge Staff(troop guide)SR-942
          ASM NYLT staff Chatahoochie Council
          -------------- Original message from Gene Santoski <radiofreq59@...>: --------------

[...]

        • Nathaniel Frissell

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
              Curtis and the group,
              I too had my application complete and had already received my 2010
              staff patch last year(08). I e-mailed the previous K2BSA chiefs and
              was directed to contact national. I got a cordial reply from
              national that my plea would be forwarded to the unnamed current
              director. All I am looking for now is a confirmation from our
              program director that my application is being considered. Nobody
              enjoys being left hanging for months. My family will be in Dallas
              the weekend of 11 April for the Lonestar Volleyball Tournament and I
              could volunteer to come in and help get out notifications if it would
              help. I will be monitoring our K5TIT D-Star machine on the HT.
              Also, our council filled out its troop before Thanksgiving. We had
              six young men compete for the one position of Third Assistant
              Scoutmaster; the only opening in the 18-26 bracket. Expect to hang
              tough because the competition will be.
              Hoping to see you at the Hill, Leland N5DGH

              --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, ki4fus@... wrote:

              > Hey you guys! I have already applied several months ago and still
              have not heard anything definite back yet! I wanna do it too! I sent
              a letter to the Director and he sent me back a patch (I had already
              paid/applied for K2BSA,etc,)to put on my uniform. I need someone on
              the inside to "grease" me on in!HELP!
              > Hopefully I can also say"see you on the hill" soon.
              >
              > Leading Scouts into the twenty-first century
              > Curtis W. Jennings
              > ASM T-7 Auburn, Alabama
              > UC Saugahatchee District
              > Scouting for food chairperson
              > Woodbadge Staff(troop guide)SR-942
              > ASM NYLT staff Chatahoochie Council
            • n5gui
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
                Gentlemen:

                I beg the pardon of each of you for the topic that I am about to
                bring to your attention.

                The following is a quote from a recent post:

                "I need someone on the inside to "grease" me on in!"

                Is THIS the kind of example that should be set for Scouting in the
                Twenty-first Century? Call it by any name: cronyism, good ole' boy
                network, favoritism, solicitation of a bribe...

                I can just imagine a young Scout standing in front of a Leader.
                What can then be said about fair play. Who would be expected to
                believe he will be fairly judged on his own abilities and
                accomplishments instead of who owes whom what favor?

                This may be the way the world actually runs. I am not naive about
                that. I am in my fortieth year dealing with the US Military and
                somewhat less experienced with Corporate America. I have some fresh
                wounds to add to my "bureaucratic battle scars from the unending war
                against the system". I do not wish to waste any of your time trying
                to say that it is not business as usual, or even that what I have to
                say will in any way change the world.

                I am going to say this is wrong. More importantly, it is the wrong
                example to set as leaders in Scouting. I feel so strongly about the
                issue that I believe that to be silent is to condone, and to
                encourage this bad behavior.

                If this is the wrong message to post on this list, I apologize in
                advance. I do not wish to insult anyone or to hurt anyone's
                feelings. I respect that others may hold different views and are
                welcome to tell me so.

                James
                n5gui

                --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@...> wrote:

                > Radio amateurs interest in staff positions at the 2010 Centennial
                > Jamboree should apply on line NOW at http://www.bsajamboree.org/
                >
                > The opportunities are ham station K2BSA, radio merit badge,
                > electronics merit badge, FM station KBSA and possibly as a
                > communication officer in each sub camp. I'm not sure if that
                latter
                > position is in the current plan.
                >
                > The starting point is to file an electronic application at the
                above
                > site paying $100, $50 is refundable. Your application will be
                reviewed
                > at your local council and then circulated to the activity areas.
                They
                > are now accepting into these staff position.
                >
                > I'll be with K2BSA. See you at the Hill
                >
                > Bill Ragsdale K6KN

              • Matt Murphy
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 13, 2009
                  I applied for K2BSA staff several weeks ago. I received my appointment letter today via email.  My dad is still waiting for word.  BTW: your council office will get a copy as well.

                  73,
                  Matt Murphy, kc8bew
                  http://mcares.kc8bew.net
                  Muskingum Co. ARES EC
                • wjdeegan
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 21, 2009
                    Team, I have created a Yahoo Groups site called K2BSA_2010_Team that
                    can be used as a meeting point for the staff and other volunteers
                    supporting the K2BSA operation, Radio merit badge, VE activities and
                    other related events at the 2010 Jamboree.

                    I've uploaded several files pertaining to the 2010 Jamboree and some
                    historical information from 2005.

                    All involved are cordially invited to join.

                    YiS de K9XT

                    ---