Job Opening: W2FSR Needs a Tech Center Area Director

  • Nathaniel Frissell
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
      Hello, ScoutRadio community.

      For six years, I've served as the technology center director of
      Forestburg Scout Reservation in New York. It has been a wonderful
      experience for me, and I have loved every minute of my time there.
      The center now has a well-established ham radio station (W2FSR) and
      licensing program, as well a very strong science-based merit badge
      program. As I am now a graduate student, I am no longer able to spend
      my summers working at camp full time running this program. Therefore,
      I am working with our council to try and find someone to take over as
      director.

      This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for anyone who wants to share ham
      radio with youth. I don't think you could possibly have a better setup.

      Please see the job description at http://www.w2naf.com/forestburg.pdf
      for more information. Also, you can fill out a job application
      directly at http://www.fsrcamp.org/.

      As this is a resident camp, food and lodging will be provided as part
      of the compensation. Therefore, don't be afraid to apply even if you
      are from the other side of the country!

      Thank you and 73,
      Nathaniel
      W2NAF/W2FSR
    • Bill Ellis
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
        Hi Nathaniel,

        Sounds like you've been busy since the 2005 Jamboree. Are you going to try to be at the one in 2010?

        Bill Ellis, WB9CAC
        A transplant from NW Indiana to Arizona

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
          Hi, Bill.  Good to hear from you!

          Yes, things have been busy.  I do really want to go to the 2010 jamboree.  Have you filled out an application yet?

          73 de Nathaniel, W2NAF