Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 126

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2001
      Jeff, use the JOTA frequencies if possible, and also try to join one of
      the Scout nets (I'm not sure how active they are since I'm not on HF at
      present). Most of the Scout nets are on Sunday and may be too late for
      your trip. Also check the net directory for any kids nets. I'd give
      you the URL for the list of Scout nets, but due to a computer failure I
      lost a few hundred bookmarks and emails last month. Perhaps someone
      else on the list can help us both!
      YIS
      Dave, WA1ZCN

    • ray@sirois.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2001
        Jeff,
        Its my experience that the scouts are a lot
        more comfortable talking with other scouts
        or younger folks on the radio... so see if
        you can orchestrate something there.

        We "may" be able to set up a sched with you...?

        Calling CQ is a fine backup of course... I explain
        to kids (of all ages) that this is like fishing though...
        You're never quite sure what you are going to catch...
        and that sometimes it is harder to catch something
        than other times. This analogy works... and it kinda
        gives them the same excitement when they get a
        return as when they've caught their first fish.

        73 de N1RY, Ray
        Scout Club Call: WJ0TA
        Maine