Re: [ScoutRadio] How about a ban on the "Palmdale ham radio ban"?

  • Bill Stewart - W2BSA
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 16, 2008
      I must agree with Bruce's point. Several of us have tried without success to nicely
      get the Palmdale thing to end, it IS a local matter after all. But, I guess the time has come
      to state that this is a group for promoting and teaching ham radio to Scouting and trading ideas on how to do that.
      Please take the Palmdale thing elsewhere. EHAM.COM and QRZ.COM are great places for promoting
      the activities of the Palmdale ham antenna issue.

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      Bruce Harper wrote:

      At 11:11 AM -0800 12/15/08, D.G. wrote:

      >Why should hams pay thousands of dollars in court costs to challenge this stupid ordinance when other public affairs options are available?

      Why should hams on this list continue to be spammed with this? I am adamantly against censorship, but I am also not happy with people who step way outside the bounds of a list's purpose or hijack discussions to press forth their own agenda. For Scouts and radio, this is an issue in Palmdale that ties in nicely with the Radio merit badge and the Citizenship in the Community badge. For everyone else, this is too much unrelated info for this Scouts and Radio list. It would be nice if those who are so passionate about Palmdale set up their own Yahoo list and left this list to get back to its main purpose -- promoting amateur radio to and through members of the Boy Scouts. Barring that, perhaps the list owner/moderator could step in and ask that this thread be terminated for running it course and straying off topic.

      Yeah, I could continue to just hit delete, but it is the principle of the thing.

      Bruce in Blacksburg

      --

      Bruce B. Harper KB4GIW bharper@...
      Blacksburg, Virginia 24060 (540)231-4360 - work

      Scoutmaster, Troop 56
      I used to be a Fox and a good ol' Fox too!