Re: [scoutradio] JOTA 2001

  • Steve_Boylan@lotus.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2000
      To actually answer the question - from the ARRL Web site:

      http://www.arrl.org/ead/jota.html

      > JOTA is held the third weekend in October. JOTA always
      > begins Saturday at 0001 hours local time to Sunday 2359
      > hours local time, though some activity continues over
      > from Friday to Monday to take advantage of long distance
      > (DX) time differences.

      - - Steve, KE1KF

      "Novatech Com.

      LTD." To:
      <scoutradio@egroups.com>
      <novatech@novatech- cc: (bcc: Steve
      Boylan/CAM/Lotus)
      ltd.bc.ca> Subject: [scoutradio]
      JOTA 2001

      11/07/2000 09:51 PM

      Please respond to

      scoutradio

      By the way when is JOTA held, and what are the frequencies ??? Depending
      when
      it is, I may be able to pack the shack here with some of the girls from
      some
      of the
      local guild troops to talk to the boys.

    • Alan Stumpf
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2001
        Don't forget!!!!!!!!!
        Jota 2001 will be held on October 19-21. If you are thinking about a medium
        size JOTA event (50-200 scouts) now is a great time to start planning if you
        haven't already started. Of course I start planning when I go back to school
        but I guess that is what happens when it take several weeks to get back into
        the non-scouting world from the Jamboree.

        I am curious about what equipment, demonstrations, and classes some groups
        are putting together. So I pose the question what are you doing for JOTA
        this year?

        Surfing the net I have found that BSA hasn't updated it's JOTA page for 2001
        so no new patch or participation cards yet.
        http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

        Does anyone know of any changes in JOTA since last year?

        73's

        Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
        KB3DHC@...
        http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
        Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
        Greater Pittsburgh Council
        Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
        Poam Aptonen
        3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop 525
        Contingent Hometown News Correspondent Coordinator
        North Hills Amateur Radio Club
        JOTA Committee Chair
        Junior Robert Morris College/University
        BS Information Science
      • Steven Blary
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
          Hi Alan and all!

          We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
          far this is what we have lined up:

          4 HF SSB stations
          1 HF PSK31 station
          1 70cm Packet station
          4 VHF FM stations
          2 internet connections for JOTI
          How to be a Ham information exhibit
          Radio Propogation exhibit
          How to view Satellites exhibit
          Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
          3 hurricane preparadness briefings by county Emergency
          Operating Center Staff
          Small group tours of 911 call center
          Floating Flagpole pioneering project for antennas
          Bulleton Board pioneering project for US and World
          maps to pin point contacts
          ARES CAT trailer
          plenty of code oscillators
          We might also have an ATV and Satellite station too!

          Locally we will be operating out of Martin County's
          Emergency Operations Center from 9 am to 4 pm eastern
          on October 20th. Please visit our JOTA website at
          http://www.geocites.com/sblary/jota.htm

          I've received the new updated cards from Irving
          already but you're right that the web has yet to be
          updated. I did receive an updated hardcopy of the
          information by request from national.

          73's and YiS,
          Steve Blary, KD4LIV
          Sailfish District JOTA Chairperson
          Gulfstream Council
          Stuart, FL

          =====
          Pack 888 Calendar

          http://calendar.yahoo.com/public/sblary

          http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
        • Steven Blary
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
            Hi Alan and all!

            We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
            far this is what we have lined up:

            4 HF SSB stations
            1 HF PSK31 station
            1 UHF Packet station
            4 VHF FM stations
            2 internet connections for JOTI
            How to be a Ham information exhibit
            Radio Propogation exhibit
            How to view Satellites exhibit
            Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
            3 hurricane briefings by county Emergency Operating