Re: Scout contacts needed for Merit Badge College.

  • n5hyp
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
      A reminder that we will be QRV as WA5CKF from a Merit Badge College
      in Irving, Texas on Scout frequencies 7.190 or 14.290 on Saturday 13
      December, 2008 1800 to maybe 2100Z. We will also be on IRLP Node
      9458, The Dallas Lone Star Reflector channel 8. Any number of
      stations can join in there. We should had a good group of scouts who
      need to make their 10 minute contact for the badge so lets help them
      out.

      If you want to coordinate a contact, call my cell on Saturday after
      1800Z as I will be doing the class part up until then. Thanks.
      Number is 214-403-1464.

      Tom Schuessler
      N5HYP
      n5hyp@...

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "n5hyp" <tjschuessler@...> wrote:

      > I will be leading a team of Irving Amateur Radio Club folks in
      > conducting a Radio Merit Badge class for a Merit Badge College the
      > local Western Star district is conducting in Irving, Texas this
      > coming December 13th. We will be setting up an HF and a UHF/VHF
      > station for the Scouts to work the 10 minute contact requirement.
      > am looking for some hopefully scheduled contacts with other Scouts
      or
      > Scout groups if possible as Scouts talking with Scouts is a good
      > thing. We probably will not get to making contacts until 1800Z on
      > Saturday the 13th. Ending about 2100 or 2130Z
      >
      > On HF we will probably work 40 and 20 meter phone but will check
      out
      > other bands as well and on UHF will be active on the local IRLP
      > repeater, N5IUF Node 4150. Would welcome any one interested in
      > helping our Scouts make some good contacts to please e-mail me at
      > n5hyp@... or post on this forum.
      >
      > Thanks much in advance.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Tom Schuessler
      > N5HYP
      > n5hyp@...

    • Mike M
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2008
        Tom -

        Didn't hear you on IRLP - how did the class go?

        My son had a nice QSO with a new ham scout in Montana. He was pretty
        nervous, but he enjoyed it.

        73,
        Mike, KL7MJ