Re: [ScoutRadio] Antenna zoning issues

  • D.G.
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 10, 2008

      REF: Palmdale City Zoning Law Smacks Radio Amateurs

      I hope you will pass around the attached zoning law (draft) that proposes an enforcement unit that could seize amateur radio equipment and restrict antenna height to one inch above a fixed structure's roof.  This is a City of Palmdale draft.

      Please pass around to your ham community friends.

      From: Bill Stewart - w2bsa <w2bsa@...>
      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com
      Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 10:52 PM

      Frankly you should contact your ARRL Division director and the ARRL in Newington, Conn. and find out who is an attorney in your area that
      works on Ham radio issues. So far from what I'm hearing and seeing, Palmdale CA is in complete
      violation of Federal Law and I believe may be in violation of California State Law. This is why you need an attorney
      to sort out where they are in the wrong. They are in the wrong but they will only respond to the legalese that
      they will understand.

      73,

      Bill, W2BSA

      Nice guy wrote:

      Please help us stop a city ordinance banning ham radio antennas in
      Palmdale, California.

      Watch this link and tell others, please.

      http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=EwBtlQ07_ _k

      73

      N9FAA

    • D.G.
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 10, 2008
        REF:  Federal lawsuit over antenna zoning

        I am working on the makings of a complaint for the federal court.

        I will get the litigation engine started here.

        A new YouTube account has been set-up to serve as a clearinghouse for this lawsuit.

        Thanks.

      • ki4fus@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 10, 2008

          The ARRL regulatory people are very aware of this developing legal issue.

          I also encourage all hams involved to work in coordination with their Section manager and Director.  The two PR things you do NOT want to do are

          (a) have someone go off half-cocked and end up looking foolish  (b) get into a general debate with citizens about if antennas look good or bad.

          It is a legal issue and needs to be handled that way.

          Allen G Pitts, W1AGP

          Media & PR Manager

          ARRL - the national association for Amateur Radio

          225 Main St.    Newington    CT     06111

          (860)  594-0328

          apitts@...

          -------------- Original message from "D.G." <indianaj0nes@...>: --------------

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 10, 2008

            OK, fair enough.

            This is the new You Tube site dedicated to the Palmdale debacle (N9FAA - me):

            This the City of Palmdale You Tube site:

            This is the message I sent to the City of Palmdale You Tube administrator.

            REF: Proposed zoning ordinance against ham radio antennas

            I have started a dedicated You Tube account to broadcast the progress of the zoning oridance proposal that bans ham radio antennas in Palmdale.

            One of the videos had 400 hits (yesterday), primarily members of the radio amateur community, worldwide.  We have moved the videos to this new, dedicated site.  I plan to aggressively market these videos via news groups and mail servers to the ham radio community (750,000 in the United States).

            Offers are pouring in to help finance a legal attack on this ordinance.  I suggest you speak with the City Council about the negative impact this ordinance will have in the eyes of the ham radio community.

            Thank you.

            David Sweigert, N9FAA

            Son of George H. Sweigert, W8ZIS, Inventor of the cordless phone