Radar

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      The radar you are talking about is an electronic eye that sits above the
      finish line of pinewood derby tracks and picks out the winner. The $200
      device is sold by BSA and has many options including a remote unit and large
      digital display (don't quote me on this I am working from memory).

      73's

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
      3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop 525 (RED)
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
      JOTA Committee Chair

      ==================================
      Message: 3
      Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 21:21:25 -0600
      From: "Ray Brown" <raybrown@...>
      Subject: Re: radar?

      Saw this over on cub-scout-talk@egroups.com and I have no idea if anyone
      here is also on that List, BUT they pose an
      interesting question and I don't think anyone offers any kind of a real
      "portable" RADAR device for $200. Anyone else here
      know of any?

      _Ray_ KB0STN
      ADL, Den 3, Pack 77
      Ozarks Trail Council, Joplin, MO
      raybrown@...

      <<I just got back from the monthy leader's meeting. With the extra popcorn
      money, our pack want to buy some sort of radar device ($200) for the
      pinewood
      derby. Anybody know anything about that kind of stuff?

      Lisa
      Wolf Den Leader
      Den 6, Pack 381
      Hicksville, NY>>