Space Jamboree, ISS contact video on YouTube

  • briankaywalker
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2008
      Check out an ARISS facilitate International Space Station contact
      with Greg Chamitoff on board the ISS, with Scouts at the 2nd annual
      Space Jamboree...

      Just search "Space Jamboree 2008 ARISS" on www.youtube.com We hope to
      get a longer playing version (you only get 10 minutes on a youtube
      post) up on the ARRL Scout page? Can anyone help me get that done? I
      should have it on www.troop272.com in the coming weeks.

      73 and make it a Tremendous Holiday Season!
      Brian
      K9BKW
      WB9SA Trustee
      Crew 272 Home of the Sat/Comm Venturers
      Space Up!

      Space Jamboree 2008 is the second year of this annual event, this
      year combined with the Illini Jamboree, 3,000 Scouts attended, a few
      lucky Scouts got to talk with Greg Chamitoff. Special thanks to the
      ARISS and NASA teams! Brian Walker K9BKW and Denny Anderson head up
      the Space Jamboree, with hopes of bringing the best of technology to
      Scouting.
    • Ray Stockdale
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2008
        Hi Brian.
        That is probably the best video I've seen on You Tube.
        As regards a longer version, I don't think that it is possible as the
        ISS is only in radio range of a station on Earth for more than 10
        minutes. This is the time that ISS travels from horizon to horizon
        and therefore the maximum contact time.
        I'll do some playing around to see how it can be put in the files
        section of this group.
        73, Ray VK4TPT

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "briankaywalker"