Re: [ScoutRadio] response to request for hams to help Irving amateur radio club

  • Mark Phillips
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
      Somewhat off topic but along a similar vein, Do you have an Oggofone for
      your caving exploits?

      It might be fun to setup a Oggof-40M bridge and allow the boys to work
      some 40mtrs down in the hole. We've done this in the UK a few times and
      it works very well. It gets quite a bit of attention when you advertise
      that the boys are a mile underground.

      Mark

      On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 04:30 +0000, ki4fus wrote:

      > From: Robert West <west_robert_l@...
      >

      > To: ki4fus@...
      >

      > It so happens that my caving club is leading a group of scouts to
      > Tumbling Rock Cave in north Alabama on that week end. I could
      > possibly arrange to set up a portable 40 mtr station at the cave for
      > a 3 to 4 pm contact after the boys finish the cave. If you would like
      > to try, I will clear it with the club tomorrow night. I got my Eagle
      > badge in 1961, but I still consider myself a scout.
      >

      > Tight lines,
      >
      > Robert AA4ZT

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O