response to request for hams to help Irving amateur radio club

  • ki4fus
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      From: Robert West <west_robert_l@...

      To: ki4fus@...

      It so happens that my caving club is leading a group of scouts to
      Tumbling Rock Cave in north Alabama on that week end. I could
      possibly arrange to set up a portable 40 mtr station at the cave for
      a 3 to 4 pm contact after the boys finish the cave. If you would like
      to try, I will clear it with the club tomorrow night. I got my Eagle
      badge in 1961, but I still consider myself a scout.

      Tight lines,

      Robert AA4ZT
    • Mark Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        Somewhat off topic but along a similar vein, Do you have an Oggofone for
        your caving exploits?

        It might be fun to setup a Oggof-40M bridge and allow the boys to work
        some 40mtrs down in the hole. We've done this in the UK a few times and
        it works very well. It gets quite a bit of attention when you advertise
        that the boys are a mile underground.

        Mark

        On Tue, 2008-12-02 at 04:30 +0000, ki4fus wrote:

        > From: Robert West <west_robert_l@...
        >

        > To: ki4fus@...
        >

        > It so happens that my caving club is leading a group of scouts to
        > Tumbling Rock Cave in north Alabama on that week end. I could
        > possibly arrange to set up a portable 40 mtr station at the cave for
        > a 3 to 4 pm contact after the boys finish the cave. If you would like
        > to try, I will clear it with the club tomorrow night. I got my Eagle
        > badge in 1961, but I still consider myself a scout.
        >

        > Tight lines,
        >
        > Robert AA4ZT

        > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O