Scout contacts needed for Merit Badge College.

  • n5hyp
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2008
      I will be leading a team of Irving Amateur Radio Club folks in
      conducting a Radio Merit Badge class for a Merit Badge College the
      local Western Star district is conducting in Irving, Texas this
      coming December 13th. We will be setting up an HF and a UHF/VHF
      station for the Scouts to work the 10 minute contact requirement. I
      am looking for some hopefully scheduled contacts with other Scouts or
      Scout groups if possible as Scouts talking with Scouts is a good
      thing. We probably will not get to making contacts until 1800Z on
      Saturday the 13th. Ending about 2100 or 2130Z

      On HF we will probably work 40 and 20 meter phone but will check out
      other bands as well and on UHF will be active on the local IRLP
      repeater, N5IUF Node 4150. Would welcome any one interested in
      helping our Scouts make some good contacts to please e-mail me at
      n5hyp@... or post on this forum.

      Thanks much in advance.

      73,

      Tom Schuessler
      N5HYP
      n5hyp@...
    • n5hyp
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
        A reminder that we will be QRV as WA5CKF from a Merit Badge College
        in Irving, Texas on Scout frequencies 7.190 or 14.290 on Saturday 13
        December, 2008 1800 to maybe 2100Z. We will also be on IRLP Node
        9458, The Dallas Lone Star Reflector channel 8. Any number of
        stations can join in there. We should had a good group of scouts who
        need to make their 10 minute contact for the badge so lets help them
        out.

        If you want to coordinate a contact, call my cell on Saturday after
        1800Z as I will be doing the class part up until then. Thanks.
        Number is 214-403-1464.

        Tom Schuessler
        N5HYP
        n5hyp@...

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "n5hyp" <tjschuessler@...> wrote:

        > I will be leading a team of Irving Amateur Radio Club folks in
        > conducting a Radio Merit Badge class for a Merit Badge College the
        > local Western Star district is conducting in Irving, Texas this
        > coming December 13th. We will be setting up an HF and a UHF/VHF
        > station for the Scouts to work the 10 minute contact requirement.
        > am looking for some hopefully scheduled contacts with other Scouts
        or
        > Scout groups if possible as Scouts talking with Scouts is a good
        > thing. We probably will not get to making contacts until 1800Z on
        > Saturday the 13th. Ending about 2100 or 2130Z
        >
        > On HF we will probably work 40 and 20 meter phone but will check
        out
        > other bands as well and on UHF will be active on the local IRLP
        > repeater, N5IUF Node 4150. Would welcome any one interested in
        > helping our Scouts make some good contacts to please e-mail me at
        > n5hyp@... or post on this forum.
        >
        > Thanks much in advance.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Tom Schuessler
        > N5HYP
        > n5hyp@...

      • Mike M
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2008
          Tom -

          Didn't hear you on IRLP - how did the class go?

          My son had a nice QSO with a new ham scout in Montana. He was pretty
          nervous, but he enjoyed it.

          73,
          Mike, KL7MJ