JOTA 2001

  • Novatech Com. LTD.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2000
      By the way when is JOTA held, and what are the frequencies ??? Depending
      when
      it is, I may be able to pack the shack here with some of the girls from some
      of the
      local guild troops to talk to the boys.
    • Wayne R. Hatfield
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2000
        check out the web site www.arrl.org

      • Steve_Boylan@lotus.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2000
          To actually answer the question - from the ARRL Web site:

          http://www.arrl.org/ead/jota.html

          > JOTA is held the third weekend in October. JOTA always
          > begins Saturday at 0001 hours local time to Sunday 2359
          > hours local time, though some activity continues over
          > from Friday to Monday to take advantage of long distance
          > (DX) time differences.

          - - Steve, KE1KF

          "Novatech Com.

          LTD." To:
          <scoutradio@egroups.com>
          <novatech@novatech- cc: (bcc: Steve
          Boylan/CAM/Lotus)
          ltd.bc.ca> Subject: [scoutradio]
          JOTA 2001

          11/07/2000 09:51 PM

          Please respond to

          scoutradio

          By the way when is JOTA held, and what are the frequencies ??? Depending
          when
          it is, I may be able to pack the shack here with some of the girls from
          some
          of the
          local guild troops to talk to the boys.

        • Alan Stumpf
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2001
            Don't forget!!!!!!!!!
            Jota 2001 will be held on October 19-21. If you are thinking about a medium
            size JOTA event (50-200 scouts) now is a great time to start planning if you
            haven't already started. Of course I start planning when I go back to school
            but I guess that is what happens when it take several weeks to get back into
            the non-scouting world from the Jamboree.

            I am curious about what equipment, demonstrations, and classes some groups
            are putting together. So I pose the question what are you doing for JOTA
            this year?

            Surfing the net I have found that BSA hasn't updated it's JOTA page for 2001
            so no new patch or participation cards yet.
            http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

            Does anyone know of any changes in JOTA since last year?

            73's

            Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
            KB3DHC@...
            http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
            Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
            Greater Pittsburgh Council
            Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
            Poam Aptonen
            3rd Assistant Scoutmaster 2001 Jamboree Troop 525
            Contingent Hometown News Correspondent Coordinator
            North Hills Amateur Radio Club
            JOTA Committee Chair
            Junior Robert Morris College/University
            BS Information Science
          • Steven Blary
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
              Hi Alan and all!

              We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
              far this is what we have lined up:

              4 HF SSB stations
              1 HF PSK31 station
              1 70cm Packet station
              4 VHF FM stations
              2 internet connections for JOTI
              How to be a Ham information exhibit
              Radio Propogation exhibit
              How to view Satellites exhibit
              Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
              3 hurricane preparadness briefings by county Emergency
              Operating Center Staff
              Small group tours of 911 call center
              Floating Flagpole pioneering project for antennas
              Bulleton Board pioneering project for US and World
              maps to pin point contacts
              ARES CAT trailer
              plenty of code oscillators
              We might also have an ATV and Satellite station too!

              Locally we will be operating out of Martin County's
              Emergency Operations Center from 9 am to 4 pm eastern
              on October 20th. Please visit our JOTA website at
              http://www.geocites.com/sblary/jota.htm

              I've received the new updated cards from Irving
              already but you're right that the web has yet to be
              updated. I did receive an updated hardcopy of the
              information by request from national.

              73's and YiS,
              Steve Blary, KD4LIV
              Sailfish District JOTA Chairperson
              Gulfstream Council
              Stuart, FL

              =====
              Pack 888 Calendar

              http://calendar.yahoo.com/public/sblary

              http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
            • Steven Blary
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 20, 2001
                Hi Alan and all!

                We are shooting for about 125 scouts this year. So
                far this is what we have lined up:

                4 HF SSB stations
                1 HF PSK31 station
                1 UHF Packet station
                4 VHF FM stations
                2 internet connections for JOTI
                How to be a Ham information exhibit
                Radio Propogation exhibit
                How to view Satellites exhibit
                Equipment display of Boat anchors, homebrew, antique
                3 hurricane briefings by county Emergency Operating