Re: [scoutradio] Re: Seeking information for JOTA 2001

  • Novatech Com. LTD.
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2000
      Hi, I thought I would put my 2 cents in, for what it's worth these days. My
      call is VE7LWB, and our club call is VE7QRO. Over the years I have been
      running
      GOTA, Guides On The Air. This is the girl guildes. What I have been doing is
      seting up a time for each group to come over and send some time chatting
      on HF and VHF to. I give each group about 1 to 2 hours depending on the
      size, but I have been limiting the group to a size of no more then 25 girls
      at a
      time, and this works out just fine. Last year we had over 90 girls from
      some
      5 or 6 guild troops. And to keep the ones waiting to get on and after they
      have
      been on quite, I have to girls do some real hands on work in the shop here,
      and
      to build little stuff to take home with them. In past years when I did not
      do this, it
      was next to imposible to hear the radio from all the noise the kids made
      that were
      not on, or finished there turn.