iss tracking for JOTA

  • barry whittemore
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008

      Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS passes will be for JOTA?  i have looked at a few sites but cant find any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
      Thanks
      Barry
      WB1EDI    N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH

    • montajoti
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
        HELLO
        Peace to all of you guys
        The amateur radio club of tunisian scouts
        Will participate in the camp this year JOTA JOTI
        The camp this year in the form of a national gathering
        from 17 to 19 /10/2008 and amateur scouting as well as to frame the
        Scouts and help them to identify the hobby
        special CALL for this year TS75DF
        QTH BORJ CEDRIA LOC JM56DT
        ACTIVES IN ALL BANDS /ALL MODE

        Echolink :
        Node 400340
        best 73 and good jota
      • kc8yjj
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
          try a free program called Orbitron, works well for all sats. heavensabove.com also has the info.

          KC8YJJ
          Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS passes will be for JOTA?  i have looked at a few sites but cant find any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
          Thanks
          Barry
          WB1EDI    N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH

          Gary

          www.novasr-team.us

          I GoodSearch for NOVASAR.

          Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet or shopping online with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

        • Scott
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
            Suggest going to this AMSAT site - http://www.amsat.org/amsat-
            new/tools/predict/ , enter your QTH info, under Show Predictions for,
            select 'ISS', then PREDICT button at bottom of page.

            Scott, nt5sm

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, barry whittemore <wb1edi@...>
            wrote:

            > Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS
            passes will be for JOTA? i have looked at a few sites but cant find
            any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
            > Thanks
            > Barry
            > WB1EDI N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH
            > Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with
            Windows Live.
            > http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/

          • Ray Brown
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                If you look around enough in www.heavens-above.com , you can find a section
              called ISS - All Passes (not just the visible passes). But first you have to register
              your name and location. It's safe, the person running this web page is in Germany
              and he's been doing it for years.

                Then, once you get on, and get there, you will see a section that starts off like this:

              Click on the date to get a ground track plot.
              DateStartsMax. AltitudeEnds
              TimeAlt.Az.TimeAlt.Az.TimeAlt.Az.
              08 Oct13:00:4010WSW13:03:3560NW13:06:3110NE

                The basic thing is it shows, on this particular orbit, the pass is in your radio and
              eye range from the start time to the end time. A typical pass is only about 6 minutes.

                If you click on what's shaded in blue, things happen. If you click on the date,
              you will see where in the USA (in my case) the station will pass over, and pass
              within visual range of. Clicking on Alt. is the definition of "altitude", showing things
              from your point of view. Clicking on Az. does the same thing in "azimuth". Ditto
              for Altitude.

                The website only goes forward 10 days at a time, so by Friday it will have all
              the data for predicting all passes for the JOTA weekend. But what I see is not
              what you might see. Also bear in mind that the station will not be in your horizon
              every single orbit. But each orbit is about 90 minutes, so keep plugging away. :-)

                              Ray, KB0STN

              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                Thanks for all the iss tracking info, i will check it all out. hopefully we can make contact or at least get some of the SSTV images.
                73
                Barry
                WB1EDI  N1S for JOTA

                To: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                  The IRLP reflector 9254 and the Echlink node *HI-GATE* are permanently connected. I spoke with the node owner, and he thought that using these for JOTA was a great idea. Why don't we use these as a meeting place to find contacts? If it gets to bust, we can use it to coordinate point to point contacts.

                  See www.narri.org and clink on Western Ref map to see connections for each of the 10 ref channels and you will see a table that explains the use of the channels. Note the explanation for channel 4; it describes Echo conference server *HI-GATE*.

                  Phil
                  K7APS
                • ki4fus@bellsouth.net