RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile

  • Phil Sohn
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
      The repeater needs to support aprstt in order for this to work, right? Are any repeaters doing this? Is there a listing compiled someplace?

      Phil, K7APS

      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      From: qrp@...
      Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:01:55 +0000
      Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile

      Bob, Way Cool.. Thanks and I'll re-read the aprstt material more
      carefully tonight. jim/w4qo

      > Oh, and now anyone with any old HT or mobile radio with a DTMF
      > keypad can also enter information or logon to APRS from
      > anywhere... See
      >
      > www.aprs.org/ aprstt.html
      >
      > Good luck!
      > Bob
      >
      > > > Anyway, just another way (using only ham radio) to
      > distribute
      > > > the information.
      > > >
      > > > See www.aprs.org/ cqsrvr.html
      > > >
      > > > Bob, Wb4APR

    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
        > Subject: RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile
        >
        > The repeater needs to support aprstt in
        > order for this to work, right?
        > Are any repeaters doing this?
        > Is there a listing compiled someplace?

        Sorry I have confused the issue. The example I gave of sending
        an APRS message to the world was using a full capable APRS radio
        not APRStt.

        Thought it could be used in the future via APRStt if someone
        wanted to edit it in. But APRStt (using DTMF to send APRS from
        any radio) is not yet implemented anywhere except a few
        experimental stations in France and my original APRStt demo in
        the USA 7 years ago.

        So hang in there. APRStt (touch tone) will be here shortly. We
        are still debating the final text-entry method for the DTMF
        keypad.

        www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

        Thanks
        Bob, Wb4APR

        > Phil, K7APS
        >

        > ________________________________
        >

        > To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
        > From: qrp@...
        > Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:01:55 +0000
        > Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile
        >

        > Bob, Way Cool.. Thanks and I'll re-read the aprstt material
        more
        > carefully tonight. jim/w4qo
        > >
        > > Oh, and now anyone with any old HT or mobile radio with a
        DTMF
        > > keypad can also enter information or logon to APRS from
        > > anywhere... See
        > >
        > > www.aprs.org/aprstt.html
        > >
        > > Good luck!
        > > Bob

        > > distribute

      • William Dale
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
          In the San Jose, South SF Bay area Don Village, K6PBQ, will be operating
          Jamboree on the Air on Saturday Oct.
          18th from his home station. If you know any scouting groups that would
          like to join him (boys or girls) please
          e-mail donvillage7@...

          William Dale - N2RHV -
          Santa Clara Valley Section Manager, ARRL
          mailto:n2rhv@...
          --
          New ideas are not hard. It's letting go of the old ideas that is hard.
          ==
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
            William,  Could you go on the yahoo website for this reflector and enter this (and any other you may know of) data in the DATABASE called JOTA2008?

            I'm encouraging every known JOTA station to enter their date in that DATABASE so it can be easily printed and taken to the JOTA station site that weekend.  Just use the PRINTABLE REPORT function for that database for a full printout.

            Thanks,  jim/ w4qo
            CH. OP - W4S in Roswell, GA

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, William Dale <wld-lists@...> wrote:

            > In the San Jose, South SF Bay area Don Village, K6PBQ, will be operating
            > Jamboree on the Air on Saturday Oct.
            > 18th from his home station. If you know any scouting groups that would
            > like to join him (boys or girls) please
            > e-mail donvillage7@...
            >
            > --
            > --
            > William Dale - N2RHV -
            > Santa Clara Valley Section Manager, ARRL
            > mailto:n2rhv@...
            > --

          • barry whittemore
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008

              Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS passes will be for JOTA?  i have looked at a few sites but cant find any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
              Thanks
              Barry
              WB1EDI    N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH

            • montajoti
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                HELLO
                Peace to all of you guys
                The amateur radio club of tunisian scouts
                Will participate in the camp this year JOTA JOTI
                The camp this year in the form of a national gathering
                from 17 to 19 /10/2008 and amateur scouting as well as to frame the
                Scouts and help them to identify the hobby
                special CALL for this year TS75DF
                QTH BORJ CEDRIA LOC JM56DT
                ACTIVES IN ALL BANDS /ALL MODE

                Echolink :
                Node 400340
                best 73 and good jota
              • kc8yjj
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                  try a free program called Orbitron, works well for all sats. heavensabove.com also has the info.

                  KC8YJJ
                  Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS passes will be for JOTA?  i have looked at a few sites but cant find any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
                  Thanks
                  Barry
                  WB1EDI    N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH

                  Gary

                  www.novasr-team.us

                  I GoodSearch for NOVASAR.

                  Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet or shopping online with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

                • Scott
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                    Suggest going to this AMSAT site - http://www.amsat.org/amsat-
                    new/tools/predict/ , enter your QTH info, under Show Predictions for,
                    select 'ISS', then PREDICT button at bottom of page.

                    Scott, nt5sm

                    --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, barry whittemore <wb1edi@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS
                    passes will be for JOTA? i have looked at a few sites but cant find
                    any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
                    > Thanks
                    > Barry
                    > WB1EDI N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH
                    > Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with
                    Windows Live.
                    > http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/

                  • Ray Brown
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                        If you look around enough in www.heavens-above.com , you can find a section
                      called ISS - All Passes (not just the visible passes). But first you have to register
                      your name and location. It's safe, the person running this web page is in Germany
                      and he's been doing it for years.

                        Then, once you get on, and get there, you will see a section that starts off like this:

                      Click on the date to get a ground track plot.
                      DateStartsMax. AltitudeEnds
                      TimeAlt.Az.TimeAlt.Az.TimeAlt.Az.
                      08 Oct13:00:4010WSW13:03:3560NW13:06:3110NE

                        The basic thing is it shows, on this particular orbit, the pass is in your radio and
                      eye range from the start time to the end time. A typical pass is only about 6 minutes.

                        If you click on what's shaded in blue, things happen. If you click on the date,
                      you will see where in the USA (in my case) the station will pass over, and pass
                      within visual range of. Clicking on Alt. is the definition of "altitude", showing things
                      from your point of view. Clicking on Az. does the same thing in "azimuth". Ditto
                      for Altitude.

                        The website only goes forward 10 days at a time, so by Friday it will have all
                      the data for predicting all passes for the JOTA weekend. But what I see is not
                      what you might see. Also bear in mind that the station will not be in your horizon
                      every single orbit. But each orbit is about 90 minutes, so keep plugging away. :-)

                                      Ray, KB0STN

                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                        Thanks for all the iss tracking info, i will check it all out. hopefully we can make contact or at least get some of the SSTV images.
                        73
                        Barry
                        WB1EDI  N1S for JOTA

                        To: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                          The IRLP reflector 9254 and the Echlink node *HI-GATE* are permanently connected. I spoke with the node owner, and he thought that using these for JOTA was a great idea. Why don't we use these as a meeting place to find contacts? If it gets to bust, we can use it to coordinate point to point contacts.

                          See www.narri.org and clink on Western Ref map to see connections for each of the 10 ref channels and you will see a table that explains the use of the channels. Note the explanation for channel 4; it describes Echo conference server *HI-GATE*.

                          Phil
                          K7APS
                        • ki4fus@bellsouth.net