Re: Station list ... how to compile

  • Jim Stafford W4QO
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
      Done.. I rearranged your info to fill in the fields as they are now.

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Phil Sohn <philsohn@...> wrote:

      > Nice. Thanks for doing this. Is it possible to add a column for IRPL
      node as well?

      > Phil
      > K7APS

    • Jim Stafford W4QO
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
        Bob, Way Cool.. Thanks and I'll re-read the aprstt material more
        carefully tonight. jim/w4qo

        > Oh, and now anyone with any old HT or mobile radio with a DTMF
        > keypad can also enter information or logon to APRS from
        > anywhere... See
        >
        > www.aprs.org/aprstt.html
        >
        > Good luck!
        > Bob
        >
        > > > Anyway, just another way (using only ham radio) to
        > distribute
        > > > the information.
        > > >
        > > > See www.aprs.org/cqsrvr.html
        > > >
        > > > Bob, Wb4APR

      • Phil Sohn
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
          The repeater needs to support aprstt in order for this to work, right? Are any repeaters doing this? Is there a listing compiled someplace?

          Phil, K7APS

          To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
          From: qrp@...
          Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:01:55 +0000
          Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile

          Bob, Way Cool.. Thanks and I'll re-read the aprstt material more
          carefully tonight. jim/w4qo

          > Oh, and now anyone with any old HT or mobile radio with a DTMF
          > keypad can also enter information or logon to APRS from
          > anywhere... See
          >
          > www.aprs.org/ aprstt.html
          >
          > Good luck!
          > Bob
          >
          > > > Anyway, just another way (using only ham radio) to
          > distribute
          > > > the information.
          > > >
          > > > See www.aprs.org/ cqsrvr.html
          > > >
          > > > Bob, Wb4APR

        • Robert Bruninga
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
            > Subject: RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile
            >
            > The repeater needs to support aprstt in
            > order for this to work, right?
            > Are any repeaters doing this?
            > Is there a listing compiled someplace?

            Sorry I have confused the issue. The example I gave of sending
            an APRS message to the world was using a full capable APRS radio
            not APRStt.

            Thought it could be used in the future via APRStt if someone
            wanted to edit it in. But APRStt (using DTMF to send APRS from
            any radio) is not yet implemented anywhere except a few
            experimental stations in France and my original APRStt demo in
            the USA 7 years ago.

            So hang in there. APRStt (touch tone) will be here shortly. We
            are still debating the final text-entry method for the DTMF
            keypad.

            www.aprs.org/aprstt.html

            Thanks
            Bob, Wb4APR

            > Phil, K7APS
            >

            > ________________________________
            >

            > To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
            > From: qrp@...
            > Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 20:01:55 +0000
            > Subject: [ScoutRadio] Re: Station list ... how to compile
            >

            > Bob, Way Cool.. Thanks and I'll re-read the aprstt material
            more
            > carefully tonight. jim/w4qo
            > >
            > > Oh, and now anyone with any old HT or mobile radio with a
            DTMF
            > > keypad can also enter information or logon to APRS from
            > > anywhere... See
            > >
            > > www.aprs.org/aprstt.html
            > >
            > > Good luck!
            > > Bob

            > > distribute

          • William Dale
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 7, 2008
              In the San Jose, South SF Bay area Don Village, K6PBQ, will be operating
              Jamboree on the Air on Saturday Oct.
              18th from his home station. If you know any scouting groups that would
              like to join him (boys or girls) please
              e-mail donvillage7@...

              William Dale - N2RHV -
              Santa Clara Valley Section Manager, ARRL
              mailto:n2rhv@...
              --
              New ideas are not hard. It's letting go of the old ideas that is hard.
              ==
              Message 6 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                William,  Could you go on the yahoo website for this reflector and enter this (and any other you may know of) data in the DATABASE called JOTA2008?

                I'm encouraging every known JOTA station to enter their date in that DATABASE so it can be easily printed and taken to the JOTA station site that weekend.  Just use the PRINTABLE REPORT function for that database for a full printout.

                Thanks,  jim/ w4qo
                CH. OP - W4S in Roswell, GA

                --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, William Dale <wld-lists@...> wrote:

                > In the San Jose, South SF Bay area Don Village, K6PBQ, will be operating
                > Jamboree on the Air on Saturday Oct.
                > 18th from his home station. If you know any scouting groups that would
                > like to join him (boys or girls) please
                > e-mail donvillage7@...
                >
                > --
                > --
                > William Dale - N2RHV -
                > Santa Clara Valley Section Manager, ARRL
                > mailto:n2rhv@...
                > --

              • barry whittemore
                Message 7 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008

                  Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS passes will be for JOTA?  i have looked at a few sites but cant find any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
                  Thanks
                  Barry
                  WB1EDI    N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH

                • montajoti
                  Message 8 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                    HELLO
                    Peace to all of you guys
                    The amateur radio club of tunisian scouts
                    Will participate in the camp this year JOTA JOTI
                    The camp this year in the form of a national gathering
                    from 17 to 19 /10/2008 and amateur scouting as well as to frame the
                    Scouts and help them to identify the hobby
                    special CALL for this year TS75DF
                    QTH BORJ CEDRIA LOC JM56DT
                    ACTIVES IN ALL BANDS /ALL MODE

                    Echolink :
                    Node 400340
                    best 73 and good jota
                  • kc8yjj
                    Message 9 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                      try a free program called Orbitron, works well for all sats. heavensabove.com also has the info.

                      KC8YJJ
                      Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS passes will be for JOTA?  i have looked at a few sites but cant find any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
                      Thanks
                      Barry
                      WB1EDI    N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH

                      Gary

                      www.novasr-team.us

                      I GoodSearch for NOVASAR.

                      Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the Internet or shopping online with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

                    • Scott
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                        Suggest going to this AMSAT site - http://www.amsat.org/amsat-
                        new/tools/predict/ , enter your QTH info, under Show Predictions for,
                        select 'ISS', then PREDICT button at bottom of page.

                        Scott, nt5sm

                        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, barry whittemore <wb1edi@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Does anyone know of a web site that will predict when the ISS
                        passes will be for JOTA? i have looked at a few sites but cant find
                        any info. we would like to capture some of the SSTV images.
                        > Thanks
                        > Barry
                        > WB1EDI N1S for JOTA from Camp Carpenter, Manchester, NH
                        > Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with
                        Windows Live.
                        > http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/

                      • Ray Brown
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 8, 2008
                            If you look around enough in www.heavens-above.com , you can find a section
                          called ISS - All Passes (not just the visible passes). But first you have to register
                          your name and location. It's safe, the person running this web page is in Germany
                          and he's been doing it for years.

                            Then, once you get on, and get there, you will see a section that starts off like this:

                          Click on the date to get a ground track plot.
                          DateStartsMax. AltitudeEnds
                          TimeAlt.Az.TimeAlt.Az.TimeAlt.Az.
                          08 Oct13:00:4010WSW13:03:3560NW13:06:3110NE

                            The basic thing is it shows, on this particular orbit, the pass is in your radio and
                          eye range from the start time to the end time. A typical pass is only about 6 minutes.

                            If you click on what's shaded in blue, things happen. If you click on the date,
                          you will see where in the USA (in my case) the station will pass over, and pass
                          within visual range of. Clicking on Alt. is the definition of "altitude", showing things
                          from your point of view. Clicking on Az. does the same thing in "azimuth". Ditto
                          for Altitude.

                            The website only goes forward 10 days at a time, so by Friday it will have all
                          the data for predicting all passes for the JOTA weekend. But what I see is not
                          what you might see. Also bear in mind that the station will not be in your horizon
                          every single orbit. But each orbit is about 90 minutes, so keep plugging away. :-)

                                          Ray, KB0STN

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                            Thanks for all the iss tracking info, i will check it all out. hopefully we can make contact or at least get some of the SSTV images.
                            73
                            Barry
                            WB1EDI  N1S for JOTA

                            To: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                              The IRLP reflector 9254 and the Echlink node *HI-GATE* are permanently connected. I spoke with the node owner, and he thought that using these for JOTA was a great idea. Why don't we use these as a meeting place to find contacts? If it gets to bust, we can use it to coordinate point to point contacts.

                              See www.narri.org and clink on Western Ref map to see connections for each of the 10 ref channels and you will see a table that explains the use of the channels. Note the explanation for channel 4; it describes Echo conference server *HI-GATE*.

                              Phil
                              K7APS
                            • ki4fus@bellsouth.net