Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA IRLP/Echolink Nodes

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
      Hi Scott and everyone,

      I recommend you post your local Node(s) that you will be monitoring on
      this group and on JOTAskedbook at Yahoo Groups. We have found it's
      best to make direct calls to Nodes that scout groups will be on. The
      use of reflectors and conference nodes causes them to get congested
      very quickly, especially when inexperienced users start calling
      without listening.

      You may want to look at the two Groups' archives for the past month
      for many postings of IRLP and Echolink Nodes.

      Also, take a look at www.aprs.org and checkout CQSRVR. APRS is a
      great way to contact other scouting groups. Try CQ JOTA and CQ SCOUTS.

      73, Frank KR1ZAN
      Garland, TX