JOTA IRLP/Echolink Nodes

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2008
      Looking for planned IRLP/Echo node/reflector plans for JOTA. Also
      planning HF/UHF/VHF station from southwest of Houston, Texas.
      73, Scott, NT5SM
    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2008
        Hi Scott and everyone,

        I recommend you post your local Node(s) that you will be monitoring on
        this group and on JOTAskedbook at Yahoo Groups. We have found it's
        best to make direct calls to Nodes that scout groups will be on. The
        use of reflectors and conference nodes causes them to get congested
        very quickly, especially when inexperienced users start calling
        without listening.

        You may want to look at the two Groups' archives for the past month
        for many postings of IRLP and Echolink Nodes.

        Also, take a look at www.aprs.org and checkout CQSRVR. APRS is a
        great way to contact other scouting groups. Try CQ JOTA and CQ SCOUTS.

        73, Frank KR1ZAN
        Garland, TX