Re: [scoutradio] Re: radar?

  • Ray Brown
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Novatech Com. LTD. <novatech@...>

      > Radar, as in a ships radar, is this what you are looking for? Or a radar
      > gun like
      > police use for clocking speed ???

      What I posted was all I knew on the subject.

      I kind of agree, they probably meant to say an electric eye setup for accurately showing which side won. Speed is not a
      factor, they want the cars that get across the finish line first. :-)

      _Ray_
    • Ray Vaughan
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 6, 2000
        At 10:20 PM 11/6/00 -0600, you wrote:
> [...]

        I suspect they want a hand-held speed radar gun to let the kids know just how fast they got it. Check with a cop and see if he'll stop by, or a baseball coach. Both should have access to them. I have one personally I got at a hamfest and would be happy to loan it out if you were local to Miami.

        Ray J. Vaughan, MS, CBTE, CERT
        KD4BBM PG-7-15266
        http://www.rayvaughan.com/
        ray@...
        ray@...
      • Jon Pearl W4ABC
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2000
          Hi Ray...

          Dan (K4ACE) bought one a few years back at the Orlando Hamfest. We just had
          to check it out on I-4 on the way back to St. Pete. It worked so well, that
          we had no competition for the fast lane!

          73,

          Jon Pearl W4ABC
          WA4BSA Trustee