BSA Talladega Encampment Ham Radio Operators

  • ki4fus
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      The weekend of Nov 7-9 2008 will be the largest scout event in the
      country this year (we expect about 13,000 people). It will be held
      at the Talladega Race Track infield. We are going to set up a full
      blown ham radio station for one of the displays. I would like to
      invite you and your family to come camp out and be one of the few
      select operator/mentors to work the booth. At this time we plan HF,
      PSK, Morris code and a full satellite tracking system. We will start
      set up Thursday Nov 6 and you are welcome to join for this if you can
      make it.

      Any scout family from your council is welcome to come for the
      weekend. They should make reservations through The Greater Alabama
      Council in Birmingham. A short movie can be watched by visiting the
      1bsa.org web site.

      If you wish to come up and help please let me know what days you plan
      to come and how many is in your party.

      Thanks for you time and great service to scouting.
      Rick Hardin KB4BSA

      My cell phone number is 256-364-0187