Japanese student looking for JOTA activity in Boston area

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      Reposted from JOTAskedbook:

      Dear Scouts and Scouters,

      I am looking for a scout group or a ham club in Boston area (Boston,
      MA, USA) that I can join in for the up coming JOTA/JOTI.

      My name is Shun Otaka from Japan, and I am currently an undergraduate
      student at Boston University. I am a member of Group 4, Suginami
      District, Tokyo Council, Scout Association of Japan, and I was with
      Troop 375, Chief Seattle Council, BSA until this past summer, where I
      got my Eagle Scout Rank Award. I am also a youth member of JA1YSS,
      amateur radio club of Scout Association of Japan.
      I have two call signs: JE1RIV for Japan, and KE7UBS as a General Class
      license.

      I want to join JOTA/JOTI, but I have just moved into Boston and I do
      not know any scout or radio clubs around here. I am willing to help
      out on HF, VHF, UFH operations as well as VoIP such as EchoLink and
      Skype, and I can help arrange SKED with Japanese scout groups.

      If there is anyone from Boston viewing this e-mail, please reply to my
      e-mail address at shun1990@... . Thank you.

      Yours is Scouting,
      Shun Otaka

      ---http://shun1990.spaces.live.com73 de JE1RIV/KE7UBS