Swazi station for JOTA

  • David Hutchinson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2008
      The callsign for our Swaziland JOTA DXpeditition has been changed to
      3DA0SS - Swazi Scouts. HF conditions since the equinox appear to be
      improving. Andy 3DA0TM was worked on 20m ssb on Friday afternoon last.
      This afternoon conditions to VK and Africa on 20m were remarkable. I
      worked a VK3 mobile North of Melbourne running 100w to a whip. There
      were stations from several VK call areas and also Indonesia, Borneo
      and Hong Kong. I heard a Reunion Island station and a station on
      Madagascar and also a station in Cape Town.

      In the past fortnight I have worked into the USA and Tasmania on 40m
      SSB. Let's hope that conditions continue to improve in the next 2
      weeks.

      Our station at Hawane in Swaziland has an excellent antenna farm
      including a 4 square for 40m. We proved the fact that it is an
      excellent DX location on the IRTS Afri75 expedition in March 2007.

      David GI4FUM