JOTA station - W4S

  • Jim Stafford W4QO
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2008
      The North Fulton Amateur Radio League of Roswell, GA will have a JOTA
      station on the air on Oct. 18 from 9 AM until 3 PM. We will operate
      near the JOTA frequencies on 40 and 20 Meters. The callsign will be
      W4S for Whiskey 4 Scouting. A special QSL card will be available.

      We will also have Radio Merit Badge class at the same time and also
      Cub Scout project building during the day.

      Look for us. Our club info is at http://www.nfarl.org

      jim/w4qo
    • Brian Mileshosky
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2008
        Hi Everyone --

        If you've not already read about all the fun Hams had during Jamboree On the
        Air 2007, read their stories and check out their pictures at
        http://www.arrl.org/scouts/jota/Stories/

        After having fun on the bands this year, please post your own story and
        pictures for everyone else to enjoy! If you offered a unique JOTA activity,
        or had a clever idea to make JOTA more enjoyable within your group please
        share it as well for everybody's benefit.

        If you've not planned for JOTA yet, remember that it's held the third
        weekend in October of each year. Though not the only source of information
        on the web, more details are found at http://www.arrl.org/scouts/jota/

        73,
        Brian N5ZGT
        ARRL Director, Rocky Mountain Division (www.RockyMountainDivision.org)
        ASM Troop 409 -- Associate Lodge Advisor Yah-Tah-Hey-Si-Kess Lodge 66
        Albuquerque, New Mexico
      • Brian Mileshosky
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 20, 2008
          Hi Everyone --

          If you've not already done so, please share your stories and pictures from
          Jamboree On the Air 2008 at http://www.arrl.org/scouts/jota/Stories/