Re: [ScoutRadio] About visit to USA and Canada wishing eyeball QSO

  • Don Poaps
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
      Questions about Operating an Amateur Station in Canada

      Q - I hold a CEPT licence. Can I operate in Canada?

      A - Yes. See the CEPT permit page on this web site for all the necessary
      information.

      Q - I hold an IARP permit. Can I operate in Canada?

      A - Yes. See the IARP permit page on this web site for all the necessary
      information.

      http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/smt-gst.nsf/en/sf01701e.html#third53

      5.2.3 Other Foreign Operating Arrangements or Agreements

      Any foreign administration may determine whether or not to permit a Canadian
      amateur to operate an amateur station while he/she is temporarily in its
      territory, subject to such conditions or restrictions it may impose.

      Information about operation in other countries can be found on the RAC Web
      site. Canadians are urged to contact the responsible administrations well in
      advance in order to obtain the necessary documentation and permission, if
      required.

      5.3 Third-party Agreements and Arrangements

      International third-party communication in case of emergencies or disaster
      relief is expressly permitted unless specifically prohibited by a foreign
      administration.

      Any foreign administration may permit its amateur stations to communicate on
      behalf of third parties without having to enter into any special
      arrangements with Canada.

      Canada does not prohibit international communications on behalf of third
      parties.

      73

      Don VA7DGP
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
        HONG KONG Hong Kong Amateur Radio Transmitting Society [HARTS]
        Location: Room 230, 2/F, 45, Fuk Tsuen Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Mong Kok
        Address: G.P.O. Box 541, Hong Kong
        Tel: +852 8112 1812 <Hotline>, 9870 9359 <VR2BBC>, +852 9097 7790 <VR2XGE>
        Fax: +852 2637 8977
        Email: excom2008@... <HQ>
        Web: http://www.harts.org.hk
        President: Sunny Chan, VR2XGE
        Vice President: Chun Hung Ho, VR2YPK
        Secretary: Albert Fung, VR2YDR
        IARU Liaison: Paul Wesley Anderson, VR2BBC
        Last updated: 5-Feb-2008

        The above is part of IARU and I also forwarded Dawood email to www.rac.ca
        for further help and info.

        Don VA7DGP