Re: [ScoutRadio] About visit to USA and Canada wishing eyeball QSO

  • Frank Krizan
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
      Hi Dawood,

      It does not appear that Canada has a reciprocal operating agreement
      with China or HKIR. Ref: http://www.rac.ca/regulatory/country.htm

      73, Frank KR1ZAN

      On Sep 14, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Dawood VR2XNG wrote:

      > Hi follow Radio Scouters,
      >
      > I am a Scouter, Dawood VR2XNG from Wan Chai District of Hong Kong
      > Island Region (HKIR). I will be visiting New York and Toronto area
      > during a business trip.
      >
      > Would anyone tell me how I could apply a temp permit to operate in
      > Canada?
      >
      > Just wonder if you could kindly tell me where the Scout shops are and
      > places for visit, e.g. local radio clubs and meeting times.
      >
      > If someone is free, we can come out for an eyeball qso and badge
      > exchange.
      >
      > Best 73 and happy JOTA,
      >
      > Dawood Ng
      > HKIR IT Club VR2S
      > Skype: dawoodng
      > MSN: burningwoodhk@...

    • Don Poaps
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
        Questions about Operating an Amateur Station in Canada

        Q - I hold a CEPT licence. Can I operate in Canada?

        A - Yes. See the CEPT permit page on this web site for all the necessary
        information.

        Q - I hold an IARP permit. Can I operate in Canada?

        A - Yes. See the IARP permit page on this web site for all the necessary
        information.

        http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/smt-gst.nsf/en/sf01701e.html#third53

        5.2.3 Other Foreign Operating Arrangements or Agreements

        Any foreign administration may determine whether or not to permit a Canadian
        amateur to operate an amateur station while he/she is temporarily in its
        territory, subject to such conditions or restrictions it may impose.

        Information about operation in other countries can be found on the RAC Web
        site. Canadians are urged to contact the responsible administrations well in
        advance in order to obtain the necessary documentation and permission, if
        required.

        5.3 Third-party Agreements and Arrangements

        International third-party communication in case of emergencies or disaster
        relief is expressly permitted unless specifically prohibited by a foreign
        administration.

        Any foreign administration may permit its amateur stations to communicate on
        behalf of third parties without having to enter into any special
        arrangements with Canada.

        Canada does not prohibit international communications on behalf of third
        parties.

        73

        Don VA7DGP
        > It does not appear that Canada has a reciprocal operating agreement
        > with China or HKIR. Ref: http://www.rac.ca/regulatory/country.htm
        >
        > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
        >

        > On Sep 14, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Dawood VR2XNG wrote:
        >
        >> Hi follow Radio Scouters,
        >>
        >> I am a Scouter, Dawood VR2XNG from Wan Chai District of Hong Kong
        >> Island Region (HKIR). I will be visiting New York and Toronto area
        >> during a business trip.
        >>
        >> Would anyone tell me how I could apply a temp permit to operate in
        >> Canada?
        >>
        >> Just wonder if you could kindly tell me where the Scout shops are and
        >> places for visit, e.g. local radio clubs and meeting times.
        >>
        >> If someone is free, we can come out for an eyeball qso and badge
        >> exchange.
        >>
        >> Best 73 and happy JOTA,
        >>
        >> Dawood Ng
        >> HKIR IT Club VR2S
        >> Skype: dawoodng
        >> MSN: burningwoodhk@...

        > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      • Don Poaps
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
          HONG KONG Hong Kong Amateur Radio Transmitting Society [HARTS]
          Location: Room 230, 2/F, 45, Fuk Tsuen Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Mong Kok
          Address: G.P.O. Box 541, Hong Kong
          Tel: +852 8112 1812 <Hotline>, 9870 9359 <VR2BBC>, +852 9097 7790 <VR2XGE>
          Fax: +852 2637 8977
          Email: excom2008@... <HQ>
          Web: http://www.harts.org.hk
          President: Sunny Chan, VR2XGE
          Vice President: Chun Hung Ho, VR2YPK
          Secretary: Albert Fung, VR2YDR
          IARU Liaison: Paul Wesley Anderson, VR2BBC
          Last updated: 5-Feb-2008

          The above is part of IARU and I also forwarded Dawood email to www.rac.ca
          for further help and info.

          Don VA7DGP