Re: [ScoutRadio] About visit to USA and Canada wishing eyeball QSO

  • Bill Stewart
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
      Dawood,
      As far as reciprocal operation please check the following website http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/io/recip.html
      This is the list of countries which the US has reciprocal agreements and I do not see China or Hong Kong there. There is also
      a link for more information.

      73,

      Bill, W2BSA

      Dawood VR2XNG wrote:

      Hi follow Radio Scouters,

      I am a Scouter, Dawood VR2XNG from Wan Chai District of Hong Kong
      Island Region (HKIR). I will be visiting New York and Toronto area
      during a business trip.

      Would anyone tell me how I could apply a temp permit to operate in
      Canada?

      Just wonder if you could kindly tell me where the Scout shops are and
      places for visit, e.g. local radio clubs and meeting times.

      If someone is free, we can come out for an eyeball qso and badge
      exchange.

      Best 73 and happy JOTA,

      Dawood Ng
      HKIR IT Club VR2S
      Skype: dawoodng
      MSN: burningwoodhk@ hotmail.com

    • Frank Krizan
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 14, 2008
        Hi Dawood,

        It does not appear that Canada has a reciprocal operating agreement
        with China or HKIR. Ref: http://www.rac.ca/regulatory/country.htm

        73, Frank KR1ZAN

        On Sep 14, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Dawood VR2XNG wrote:

        > Hi follow Radio Scouters,
        >
        > I am a Scouter, Dawood VR2XNG from Wan Chai District of Hong Kong
        > Island Region (HKIR). I will be visiting New York and Toronto area
        > during a business trip.
        >
        > Would anyone tell me how I could apply a temp permit to operate in
        > Canada?
        >
        > Just wonder if you could kindly tell me where the Scout shops are and
        > places for visit, e.g. local radio clubs and meeting times.
        >
        > If someone is free, we can come out for an eyeball qso and badge
        > exchange.
        >
        > Best 73 and happy JOTA,
        >
        > Dawood Ng
        > HKIR IT Club VR2S
        > Skype: dawoodng
        > MSN: burningwoodhk@...

      • Don Poaps
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
          Questions about Operating an Amateur Station in Canada

          Q - I hold a CEPT licence. Can I operate in Canada?

          A - Yes. See the CEPT permit page on this web site for all the necessary
          information.

          Q - I hold an IARP permit. Can I operate in Canada?

          A - Yes. See the IARP permit page on this web site for all the necessary
          information.

          http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/smt-gst.nsf/en/sf01701e.html#third53

          5.2.3 Other Foreign Operating Arrangements or Agreements

          Any foreign administration may determine whether or not to permit a Canadian
          amateur to operate an amateur station while he/she is temporarily in its
          territory, subject to such conditions or restrictions it may impose.

          Information about operation in other countries can be found on the RAC Web
          site. Canadians are urged to contact the responsible administrations well in
          advance in order to obtain the necessary documentation and permission, if
          required.

          5.3 Third-party Agreements and Arrangements

          International third-party communication in case of emergencies or disaster
          relief is expressly permitted unless specifically prohibited by a foreign
          administration.

          Any foreign administration may permit its amateur stations to communicate on
          behalf of third parties without having to enter into any special
          arrangements with Canada.

          Canada does not prohibit international communications on behalf of third
          parties.

          73

          Don VA7DGP
          > It does not appear that Canada has a reciprocal operating agreement
          > with China or HKIR. Ref: http://www.rac.ca/regulatory/country.htm
          >
          > 73, Frank KR1ZAN
          >

          > On Sep 14, 2008, at 2:50 AM, Dawood VR2XNG wrote:
          >
          >> Hi follow Radio Scouters,
          >>
          >> I am a Scouter, Dawood VR2XNG from Wan Chai District of Hong Kong
          >> Island Region (HKIR). I will be visiting New York and Toronto area
          >> during a business trip.
          >>
          >> Would anyone tell me how I could apply a temp permit to operate in
          >> Canada?
          >>
          >> Just wonder if you could kindly tell me where the Scout shops are and
          >> places for visit, e.g. local radio clubs and meeting times.
          >>
          >> If someone is free, we can come out for an eyeball qso and badge
          >> exchange.
          >>
          >> Best 73 and happy JOTA,
          >>
          >> Dawood Ng
          >> HKIR IT Club VR2S
          >> Skype: dawoodng
          >> MSN: burningwoodhk@...

          > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        • Don Poaps
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15, 2008
            HONG KONG Hong Kong Amateur Radio Transmitting Society [HARTS]
            Location: Room 230, 2/F, 45, Fuk Tsuen Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Mong Kok
            Address: G.P.O. Box 541, Hong Kong
            Tel: +852 8112 1812 <Hotline>, 9870 9359 <VR2BBC>, +852 9097 7790 <VR2XGE>
            Fax: +852 2637 8977
            Email: excom2008@... <HQ>
            Web: http://www.harts.org.hk
            President: Sunny Chan, VR2XGE
            Vice President: Chun Hung Ho, VR2YPK
            Secretary: Albert Fung, VR2YDR
            IARU Liaison: Paul Wesley Anderson, VR2BBC
            Last updated: 5-Feb-2008

            The above is part of IARU and I also forwarded Dawood email to www.rac.ca
            for further help and info.

            Don VA7DGP