Re: New BSA Radio Merit Badge Requirements and Pamphlets.

  • Gary Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2008
      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Wilson" <k2gw@...> wrote:

      > BSA just issued new full color versions of EVERY merit badge
      > pamphlet. They are very cool!
      >
      > The requirements for Radio Merit Badge have changed slightly,
      mostly to improve the wording and flow, but be advised the numbers
      for some requirements are now different.

      I've now updated the Radio Merit Badge Site to reflect the new
      September 2008 Radio Merit Badge Pamphlet and requirements. You can
      reach it at http://k2gw.tripod.com/radiomeritbadge/ . Please look
      through it and let me know if there are any corrections that need to
      be made.

      Note that the workbook downloaded from www.meritbadge.com reflects
      the older requirements, but we'll need to wait for them to update
      their site and workbook which we link to. However, the diferences
      aren't that much except for the numbering of the requirements, so the
      old workbook is still somewhat useable in the interim.

      The PowerPoint slides and student workbooks on the Radio Merit Badge
      Day site have been updated. Older versions are now obsolete, so
      please download the new ones if you're planning to run a Radio Merit
      Badge course.

      Thanks for offering Radio Merit Badge to the scouts in your area!

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW
      Unit Commissioner
      Mercer Area District
      Central New Jersey Council
    • Gary Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2008
        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Wilson" <k2gw@...> wrote:

        > The PowerPoint slides and student workbooks on the Radio Merit Badge
        > Day site have been updated. Older versions are now obsolete, so
        > please download the new ones if you're planning to run a Radio Merit
        > Badge course.

        I've now loaded updated copies of the PowerPoint slides and student
        workbooks to the files area of this Yahoo Group as well. Please
        download a set and let other hams know about them.