RE: [ScoutRadio] Space Jambo Sept 13 ISS Nasa Sat/Comm and new Proto DVD training method..

  • Mike Lukas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 9, 2008
      I'm looking at doing something like this in montana during are JOTA. Can you give me any advice. Where you get all the cash for equipment? What are the new requirements? would love to see pics of you set up both station and antenna. Also pics of event.. Mike Lukas Asst. Scout Master Troop 26 Great Falls Mt.

      To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      From: briankaywalker@...
      Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 20:07:59 -0400
      Subject: [ScoutRadio] Space Jambo Sept 13 ISS Nasa Sat/Comm and new Proto DVD training method..

      The Crew Advisor (that's me) has been extreamly busy the last few
      weeks getting ready for the Illini / Space Jamboree Sept 13!

      Check out the attached photo of 65 solderless breadboard project
      stations, complete with two motors. James (N5GUI) I would love to
      include some of your project ideas in our bag of tricks! Please send
      me some 555 led communicatios circuits... We got permission to use
      the Herbie line following robot circuit for our first project... So
      the kit already has LM386 amplifier circuit, 1K Resistor, 9V battery,
      LED's and Photo Sensors. Adding a 555 and some more parts was just
      what we were thinking....

      This week we finish up 65 Soldering/Desolderi ng stations, our Sat Com
      antenna rotor amp system -- painting the tower Red White and Blue --
      up to 60' of tilt over joy to remove those line of sight limiting
      factors... Should be cool! We got the
      www.foxdelta. com/products/ st3.htm satellite tracking interface to a
      G-5500 rotor, and are driving SSB amps with M2 antennas.

      Sept. 13 from 12:15 to 1pm and from 4 to ... late PM and possibly on
      Sunday morning (CST) we will be trying our hand as the Amateur
      Satellites, listne for WB9SA's call.

      We have an ISS contact planned and Nasa Digital Learning Lab "Mission
      to Mars" two way video conference scheduled for the 13'th too.

      I am looking for someone that has a Helmet Cam (with Audio if
      Possible) to come out and ride around on a Segway, go for a hot air
      ballon ride etc.?? Got a Helmet Cam with Sound, please call me
      765-295-1548 !!!

      At the end of the week Crew 272 will be in a position to mass train 65
      Scouts (with a ton of Mentors/Elmers on hand)!!! Each Scout having his
      own work stations... We hope to put projects up on the web. And, make
      low cost tools available for those that want to learn more about
      electronics and radio (Ham Radio...;-))

      Gary, thanks for the Radio merit badge requirements update!

      73,
      Brian Walker
      K9BKW
      WB9SA trustee