Re: [ScoutRadio] Call for young Ham operators to go on a DXpedition

  • Andrew Koenig
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
      Same rule, but opposite problems. I'm only 14

      :-/

      On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Mark Phillips <g7ltt@...> wrote:
      Oh, if only I was young again :{

      Mark (who's feeling old at 39!)

      On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 21:12 +0000, Bill Morine wrote:
      > The following came from ARRL on Wed., Sept. 3rd.  Note the deadline
      > of Sept. 15
      >
      > 73,
      > Bill Morine N2COP
      >
      > Young DXpeditioners On Willis
      >
      > The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion
      > for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition to
      > Willis Island in October this year. One young ham from 6th October
      > till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th
      > October.
      >
      > You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur
      > radio license in your country, you have some experience in working
      > pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29.
      >
      > For qualification you have to send an email to contact@...
      > which must include an essay of 500 words minimum (in English)
      > describing how you got started in ham radio, who your Elmer was and
      > why you should be selected for this DXpedition opportunity. Please
      > include also you full name, callsign and home address.
      >
      > The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except your flight from
      > your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
      >
      > Send us your application now to contact@.... We will recieve
      > applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
      Randolph, NJ

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         mailto:ScoutRadio-digest@yahoogroups.com
         mailto:ScoutRadio-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      73's
      Andrew K.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
        MY son takes the middle of the road.  22 y/o but no money to travel

        In a message dated 9/3/2008 6:46:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time, KE5GDB@... writes:
        Same rule, but opposite problems. I'm only 14

        :-/

        On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Mark Phillips <g7ltt@g7ltt. com> wrote:
        Oh, if only I was young again :{

        Mark (who's feeling old at 39!)

      • Mark Phillips
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
          Can't the district help him out?

          This is exactly the thing Scouts should be doing!

          Mark

          --

          Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
          Randolph, NJ