Call for young Ham operators to go on a DXpedition

  • Bill Morine
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
      The following came from ARRL on Wed., Sept. 3rd. Note the deadline
      of Sept. 15

      73,
      Bill Morine N2COP

      Young DXpeditioners On Willis

      The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion
      for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition to
      Willis Island in October this year. One young ham from 6th October
      till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th
      October.

      You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur
      radio license in your country, you have some experience in working
      pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29.

      For qualification you have to send an email to contact@...
      which must include an essay of 500 words minimum (in English)
      describing how you got started in ham radio, who your Elmer was and
      why you should be selected for this DXpedition opportunity. Please
      include also you full name, callsign and home address.

      The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except your flight from
      your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia.

      Send us your application now to contact@.... We will recieve
      applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.
    • Mark Phillips
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
        Oh, if only I was young again :{

        Mark (who's feeling old at 39!)

        On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 21:12 +0000, Bill Morine wrote:
        > The following came from ARRL on Wed., Sept. 3rd. Note the deadline
        > of Sept. 15
        >
        > 73,
        > Bill Morine N2COP
        >
        > Young DXpeditioners On Willis
        >
        > The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion
        > for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition to
        > Willis Island in October this year. One young ham from 6th October
        > till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th
        > October.
        >
        > You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur
        > radio license in your country, you have some experience in working
        > pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29.
        >
        > For qualification you have to send an email to contact@...
        > which must include an essay of 500 words minimum (in English)
        > describing how you got started in ham radio, who your Elmer was and
        > why you should be selected for this DXpedition opportunity. Please
        > include also you full name, callsign and home address.
        >
        > The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except your flight from
        > your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
        >
        > Send us your application now to contact@.... We will recieve
        > applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.

        > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
        Randolph, NJ
      • Andrew Koenig
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
          Same rule, but opposite problems. I'm only 14

          :-/

          On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Mark Phillips <g7ltt@...> wrote:
          Oh, if only I was young again :{

          Mark (who's feeling old at 39!)

          On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 21:12 +0000, Bill Morine wrote:
          > The following came from ARRL on Wed., Sept. 3rd.  Note the deadline
          > of Sept. 15
          >
          > 73,
          > Bill Morine N2COP
          >
          > Young DXpeditioners On Willis
          >
          > The crew of VK9DWX wants to invite two young hams who have a passion
          > for Ham Radio, DXing and contesting to take part in the DXpedition to
          > Willis Island in October this year. One young ham from 6th October
          > till 19th October and the other one from 15th October till 28th
          > October.
          >
          > You can reside in any country in the world, you hold a valid amateur
          > radio license in your country, you have some experience in working
          > pile-ups and you are between 18 and 29.
          >
          > For qualification you have to send an email to contact@...
          > which must include an essay of 500 words minimum (in English)
          > describing how you got started in ham radio, who your Elmer was and
          > why you should be selected for this DXpedition opportunity. Please
          > include also you full name, callsign and home address.
          >
          > The VK9DWX crew will pay for all expenses except your flight from
          > your home to Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
          >
          > Send us your application now to contact@.... We will recieve
          > applications until September 15th and will make a fast decision.

          > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

          Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
          Randolph, NJ

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             mailto:ScoutRadio-digest@yahoogroups.com
             mailto:ScoutRadio-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          --
          73's
          Andrew K.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
            MY son takes the middle of the road.  22 y/o but no money to travel

            In a message dated 9/3/2008 6:46:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time, KE5GDB@... writes:
            Same rule, but opposite problems. I'm only 14

            :-/

            On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:06 PM, Mark Phillips <g7ltt@g7ltt. com> wrote:
            Oh, if only I was young again :{

            Mark (who's feeling old at 39!)

          • Mark Phillips
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
              Can't the district help him out?

              This is exactly the thing Scouts should be doing!

              Mark

              --

              Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O
              Randolph, NJ