JOTI LiveD software platform released for testing

  • Mark Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hi folks,

      Those of you thinking about running a JOTI event parallel with JOTA this
      year may want to check out the beta release of JOTIX.

      It's a LiveCD version of Linux with all the required tools for a JOTI
      station (IRC clients, Skype, Team Speak, web browser etc).

      The disk will run in LiveCD mode thus keeping the donor safe from pesky
      little teenagers whom think they "know about computers". It's fully
      functional and comes in at only 150MB.

      Hopefully by the time JOTI comes around we'll have given it a WOSM skin
      but that'll be the only change made before JOTI.

      Point your browser at http://www.jotix.org/jotix-V0.1a.iso to download
      it.

      FYI; we'll be doing JOTI from Mt Allamuchy Scout Reservation this year
      thanks to our newly installed satellite Internet feed (Allamuchy ops:
      it's also available in the shack now).

      Please do let me know what you think and what if any additions/deletions
      you'd like to see.

      Thanks

      --

      Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O