WB9SA on Satellites Sept 12-14, Space Jamboree need help!

  • briankaywalker
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 25, 2008
      Crew 272's WB9SA is getting ready to launch (the first that I know of)
      a Satellite Ham Station. We just ordered $900 in coax, the antenna's
      (M2 2m and 440 circular polarization switchable), amps, tilt over
      tower, rotor and controller, and software (SatPC32 and Nova), computers
      and radios are all coming together for the first time Friday - Sunday
      Sept 12-14th.

      This is the Illini / Space Jamboree at the Chanute Air Museum in
      Rantoul IL. Hoping for 3,000 Scouts and a ton of Ham Radio exhibits
      (we are recruiting help! Bring your HT and/or Station down and help
      put these Scouts on the air! visit www.troop272.com for more info -
      Jambo volunteer link on top right). Hoping also to put 250 Scouts
      through the Radio and Electronics Merit Badges...

      If you are a Sat Comm fan, look for WB9SA and give us your best wishes
      on the air!

      For more info, contact K9BKW at briankaywalker@...
    • Mark Phillips
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2008
        Hi Brian,

        What a project!!

        Please publish your anticipated schedule nearer the time both here and
        on the AMSAT list. I have Satellite facilities here and so will listen
        out for you.

        Mark

        --

        Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O