New Radio Merit Badge Requirements

  • Bill Ragsdale
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 23, 2008
      Dear Scouters:

      BSA issued new editions of ALL of the merit badge pamphlets on August
      1, 2008. The Radio Merit Badge requirements have changed, mostly for
      clarity, but remain fundamentally the same.

      The primary change to most of the pamphlets was the introduction of
      color photographs and diagrams, and new covers. The actual text and
      requirements, in most cases did not change from the previous editions.
      In some cases, however, the new editions do contain new information,
      and new requirements. If the copyright date in the new pamphlet is not
      2008, the text in the pamphlet, including the requirements, did not
      change, only the cover and illustrations.

      Those Scouts working on any badges using the old requirements and who
      started before the new books were issued may complete the badge using
      the old requirements. Those starting work on the badge after the new
      books were issued, may, until December 31, 2008, use either the old or
      new requirements, at their option.

      Here is a link to markup showing the changes:
      http://usscouts.org/mb/changes/mb093-08.asp

      Here is a link to the new requirements:
      http://usscouts.org/mb/mb093.asp

      Bill Ragsdale
      K6KN, trustee W6BSA
    • ravennaelectronics
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2008
        Thank you for that update. I know many MB Counselors will be doing
        the Radio MB as part of the JOTA activities in October, myself
        included.

        Best Regards,
        "Doc" AC8AL