Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA in South Texas

  • frank@fmaynard.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 25, 2008
      On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Norm Huber wrote:

      > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for the JOTA weekend and we
      > are to be a part of it.

      Likewise here, in southeast Michigan. I am also on the Camporee Committee
      and we are looking at other things to do such as a fox hunt and
      geocaching, and figuring out a way to work them in. It's what we call a
      "Unity Camporee", where every participating unit runs an activity in
      either the Pioneering, Fun & Games or Scoutcraft villages.

      If anyone's done fox hunting or anything else interesting related to
      amateur radio at a camporee, I'd enjoy hearing about it.

      We will be on or near the usual Scout frequencies using SSB, CW and PSK31
      as WB8BSA between about 1300-2000Z on 18 Oct.

      Yours in Scouting,
      Frank Maynard, NF8M
      CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
      Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council