RE: [ScoutRadio] JOTA in South Texas

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
      > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for
      > the JOTA weekend [18 oct]... active on SSB and PSK31

      Don't overlook APRS which now has a global CQ JOTA capability
      meaning you can find/message APRS jota stations all over the
      world...

      http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

      The maps are interesting to scouts...

      Bob, WB4APR
    • frank@fmaynard.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 25, 2008
        On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Norm Huber wrote:

        > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for the JOTA weekend and we
        > are to be a part of it.

        Likewise here, in southeast Michigan. I am also on the Camporee Committee
        and we are looking at other things to do such as a fox hunt and
        geocaching, and figuring out a way to work them in. It's what we call a
        "Unity Camporee", where every participating unit runs an activity in
        either the Pioneering, Fun & Games or Scoutcraft villages.

        If anyone's done fox hunting or anything else interesting related to
        amateur radio at a camporee, I'd enjoy hearing about it.

        We will be on or near the usual Scout frequencies using SSB, CW and PSK31
        as WB8BSA between about 1300-2000Z on 18 Oct.

        Yours in Scouting,
        Frank Maynard, NF8M
        CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
        Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council