Re: [ScoutRadio] JOTA in South Texas

  • Norm Huber
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
      ab5eb wrote:

      > Hey guys,
      >
      > I am planning a JOTA event in South Texas in the New Braunfels area.
      > The event this year is Oct 18th. If you are interested in being
      > involved please email me.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mike AB5EB

      Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for the JOTA weekend and we
      are to be a part of it. We plan on having a station set up in my RV
      trailer. We will definitely be active on SSB and PSK31 Not sure of the
      call we will be using.
      The location is LeRoy Illinois, should be EN50.
      May the Bands be with you!

      - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
      - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
      - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 69,000 miles
      - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
      - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
      - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
      - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***
    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
        > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for
        > the JOTA weekend [18 oct]... active on SSB and PSK31

        Don't overlook APRS which now has a global CQ JOTA capability
        meaning you can find/message APRS jota stations all over the
        world...

        http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

        The maps are interesting to scouts...

        Bob, WB4APR
      • frank@fmaynard.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 25, 2008
          On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Norm Huber wrote:

          > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for the JOTA weekend and we
          > are to be a part of it.

          Likewise here, in southeast Michigan. I am also on the Camporee Committee
          and we are looking at other things to do such as a fox hunt and
          geocaching, and figuring out a way to work them in. It's what we call a
          "Unity Camporee", where every participating unit runs an activity in
          either the Pioneering, Fun & Games or Scoutcraft villages.

          If anyone's done fox hunting or anything else interesting related to
          amateur radio at a camporee, I'd enjoy hearing about it.

          We will be on or near the usual Scout frequencies using SSB, CW and PSK31
          as WB8BSA between about 1300-2000Z on 18 Oct.

          Yours in Scouting,
          Frank Maynard, NF8M
          CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
          Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council