JOTA in South Texas

  • ab5eb
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
      Hey guys,

      I am planning a JOTA event in South Texas in the New Braunfels area.
      The event this year is Oct 18th. If you are interested in being
      involved please email me.

      Thanks,

      Mike AB5EB
    • Norm Huber
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
        ab5eb wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > I am planning a JOTA event in South Texas in the New Braunfels area.
        > The event this year is Oct 18th. If you are interested in being
        > involved please email me.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike AB5EB

        Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for the JOTA weekend and we
        are to be a part of it. We plan on having a station set up in my RV
        trailer. We will definitely be active on SSB and PSK31 Not sure of the
        call we will be using.
        The location is LeRoy Illinois, should be EN50.
        May the Bands be with you!

        - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
        - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
        - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 69,000 miles
        - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
        - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
        - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
        - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***
      • Robert Bruninga
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 24, 2008
          > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for
          > the JOTA weekend [18 oct]... active on SSB and PSK31

          Don't overlook APRS which now has a global CQ JOTA capability
          meaning you can find/message APRS jota stations all over the
          world...

          http://aprs.org/cqsrvr.html

          The maps are interesting to scouts...

          Bob, WB4APR
        • frank@fmaynard.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 25, 2008
            On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Norm Huber wrote:

            > Our district has scheduled its fall camporee for the JOTA weekend and we
            > are to be a part of it.

            Likewise here, in southeast Michigan. I am also on the Camporee Committee
            and we are looking at other things to do such as a fox hunt and
            geocaching, and figuring out a way to work them in. It's what we call a
            "Unity Camporee", where every participating unit runs an activity in
            either the Pioneering, Fun & Games or Scoutcraft villages.

            If anyone's done fox hunting or anything else interesting related to
            amateur radio at a camporee, I'd enjoy hearing about it.

            We will be on or near the usual Scout frequencies using SSB, CW and PSK31
            as WB8BSA between about 1300-2000Z on 18 Oct.

            Yours in Scouting,
            Frank Maynard, NF8M
            CC, Troop 407; CR, Pack 54, Novi, Michigan
            Ottawa District Training Chair, Clinton Valley Council