New operating rules for Mt Allamuchy shack

  • Mark Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2008
      Hi all,

      For those of you hoping to operate from the radio shack at Mt Allamuchy
      (Camp Sommers), Stanhope, NJ this summer please be aware that we have
      some new operating guidelines available at the camp office.

      Please make sure that you bring a copy of your licence. Operators of
      General class or higher (CEPT Class 'A' for foreigners) may operate the
      shack unsupervised by booking out the keys from the camp office. All
      operators regardless of class may operate the shack if it's open
      according to their respective license conditions.

      Those of you whom already have a key to the shack will shortly find it
      useless. The Ranger will be changing the locks and no further copies
      will be issued. Hold on to your keys for now though as there is no
      timescale for expressed for the lock change.

      Please be aware that the use of the W2YD call sign is prohibited without
      the express written permission of the Morris Radio Club and it's
      trustees. The call belongs to the Club and not the Mt Allamuchy radio
      shack.

      We are no longer running an operating schedule. Instead we'll open the
      shack by appointment if a group wants to use it. Like most camps we are
      trying to offer a Radio Merit Badge course and will open the shack
      accordingly.

      Any questions etc please feel free to contact the camp office or myself.

      Thanks and have a great summer!

      Mark

      --

      Mark Phillips, G7LTT/NI2O