New Scout Amateur Radio Station for Summer Camp (WR5WR)

  • Tony Wooten AB5RO
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      The Longhorn Council and the Worth Ranch Amateur Radio Association
      will be operating a new Scout Amateur Radio station from Worth Ranch
      Scout Camp in Pala Pinto, TX. about 80 miles west of Ft. Worth, TX.
      for our 2008 camp season. The station call is WR5WR and we will be on
      the air most morning and evening starting on the evening of June 8th
      2008 and continue to operate until June the 28th which is the end of
      the camp season at Worth Ranch. We will be operateing HF on or near
      the standard scout freqs. We will try to operate some PSK-31 and
      other digital modes as well. We will also try some APRS. I will be
      teaching the Radio merit badge twice a day, and the station will be up
      before and after the classes. If you hear us give us a call and talk
      to a scout.

      I look forward to hearing from you.
      Thank you for all you do!!

      Tony Wooten AB5RO