BSA 100th Anniversary Coin Authorized By Congress

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2008
      Norm, Bill, Frank, et al--

      This is indeed very good news! I have posted this information to a major coin forum of which I am a moderator (CCF http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/ [Main Coin Forum]). We have collectively lobbied at BSA National and with Congress for such a commemorative coin for at least two years. It is irrelevant whether or not our particular efforts had any effect; the important point is the issuance of a coin which will acknowledge, recognize, and perpetuate the Boy Scouts of America's ideals for millennia. (I have Roman coins in my collection which have survived 2000+ years to testify to the durability of coins as representative of ideals from long ago.)

      Details: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/110-h5872/show

      73 and Yours In Scouting,
      Fred Stevens K2FRD

      --