Re: [ScoutRadio] 100th Aniversary We talked about the British version at Dayton

  • Bill Stewart
    Message 1 of 7 , May 18, 2008
      Norm,
      Where was this information published???

      Thanks and 73,

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      Norm wrote:

      Yesterday, in a vote of 403-8, the House of Representatives passed H.R.
      5872, the 'Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act.'
      The legislation included the following information:

      (1) The Boy Scouts of America will celebrate its
      centennial on February 8, 2010.

      (2) The Boy Scouts of America is the largest
      youth organization in the United States, with 3,000,000 youth members
      and1,000,000 adult leaders in the traditional programs of Cub Scouts,
      Boy Scouts, and Venturing.

      (3) Since 1910, more than 111,000,000 youth have
      participated in Scouting's traditional programs.

      (4) The Boy Scouts of America was granted a Federal
      charter in 1916by an Act of the 64th Congress which was signed into
      law by President Woodrow Wilson.

      (5) In the 110th Congress, 248 members of the House
      of Representative and the Senate have participated in Boy Scouts
      of America as Scouts or adult leaders.

      (6) The mission of the Boy Scouts of America is `to
      prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their
      lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law'.

      (7) Every day across our Nation, Scouts and their leaders
      pledge to live up the promise in the Scout Oath--`On my honor I will do
      my best, To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law;
      To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong,
      mentally awake, and morally straight'--and the Scout Law, according to
      which a Scout is `Trustworthy, Loyal,Helpful, Friendly, Courteous,
      Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave,Clean, and Reverent'.

      (8) In the past 4 years alone, Scouting youth and their
      leaders have volunteered more than 6,500,000 hours of service to
      their communities through more than 75,000 service projects, benefiting
      food banks, local schools, and civic organizations.

      The bill directs the Secretary of Treasury to mint and issue $1 coins
      in commemoration of the centennial of the founding of the Boy Scouts
      of America. The coins honoring the Boy Scouts will be issued from
      February through December 2010.

      No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.20/1453 - Release Date: 5/18/2008 9:31 AM
    • Stephen M. Zelenko
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2008
        Re: [ScoutRadio] 100th Aniversary We talked about the British version at Dayton
        Bill,
         Take a look here:

        http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.05872:

        http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-bin/vote.asp?year=2008&rollnumber=327

         Stephen, N3ZX

        Norm wrote:

[...]

        Checked by AVG.

      • Frank Krizan
        Message 3 of 7 , May 19, 2008
          Info on bill (i.e., text) at http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.05872:
          Vote tally at http://clerk.house.gov/cgi-bin/vote.asp?year=2008&rollnumber=327

          73, Frank KR1ZAN

          --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, Bill Stewart <w2bsa@...> wrote:

          > Norm,
          > Where was this information published???
          >
          > Thanks and 73,
          >
          > Bill Stewart, W2BSA
          >
          > Norm wrote:
          > >
          > > Yesterday, in a vote of 403-8, the House of Representatives passed H.R.
          > > 5872, the 'Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act.'
          > > The legislation included the following information:
          > >
          > > (1) The Boy Scouts of America will celebrate its
          > > centennial on February 8, 2010.

          <<< snip ... snip >>>
        • Bill Stewart
          Message 4 of 7 , May 19, 2008
            Thanks Frank. Being that I work for a company that publishes law books and various regulatory and legal
            newsletters, I want to be able to cite the source.

            Thanks again,

            Bill, W2BSA

            Frank Krizan wrote:

            Info on bill (i.e., text) at http://thomas. loc.gov/cgi- bin/bdquery/ z?d110:h. r.05872:
            Vote tally at http://clerk. house.gov/ cgi-bin/vote. asp?year= 2008&rollnumber= 327

            73, Frank KR1ZAN

            --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogro ups.com, Bill Stewart <w2bsa@...> wrote:

            > Norm,
            > Where was this information published???
            >
            > Thanks and 73,
            >
            > Bill Stewart, W2BSA
            >
            > Norm wrote:
            > >
            > > Yesterday, in a vote of 403-8, the House of Representatives passed H.R.
            > > 5872, the 'Boy Scouts of America Centennial Commemorative Coin Act.'
            > > The legislation included the following information:
            > >
            > > (1) The Boy Scouts of America will celebrate its
            > > centennial on February 8, 2010.

            <<< snip ... snip >>>

            No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG. Version: 8.0.100 / Virus Database: 269.23.20/1453 - Release Date: 5/18/2008 9:31 AM
          • Norm Huber
            Message 5 of 7 , May 19, 2008
              Bill Stewart wrote:

              > Norm,
              > Where was this information published???
              >
              > Thanks and 73,
              When I tried to send this last night in my room at the BOQ I couldn't
              get it to go. Sorry for the delay.

              I received it from my Roundtable Commissioner who received it from FW:
              Central Region Venturing: New US $1 Coin Honoring BSA
              I just checked it on http://www.theorator.com/bills110/text/hr5872.html

              Now maybe we have something that will not get vetoed.
              - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
              - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
              - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 66,000 miles
              - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
              - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
              - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
              - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***

              - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
              - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
              - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 66,000 miles
              - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
              - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
              - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
              - http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***
            • Bill Stewart - W2BSA
              Message 6 of 7 , May 20, 2008
                Thanks Norm.