RE: [ScoutRadio] Boy Scouts at the Dayton Hamvention, May 16-18

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2008
      Follow-up to use of APRS for HT data reporting scout events:

      Actually, it only takes 3 PPT slides to cover the subject.
      Maybe someone already talking on a similar subject might find
      them useful in their talk.

      http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/APRS-scout-event.ppt

      If you can use them. Thanks. Bob, WB4APR

      Bruninga
      > Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:55 AM
      > To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: RE: [ScoutRadio] Boy Scouts at the Dayton
      > Hamvention, May 16-18
      >
      > > The... Dayton Hamvention will feature our Boy
      > > Scout program in a three day exhibit with a Forum
      > > presentation on Saturday morning.
      >
      > I'm sure you are chock full of material during the Forum, but
      > would be happy to spend 5 minutes showing how we use APRS HT's
      > to report troops and scores, and reports during camporees. To
      > see it in a nutshell, see this web page:
      >
      > http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprsevent.html
      >
      > Next year we hope to use DTMF so that every single HT (with a
      > key pad) can be used to enter reports, not just the APRS HT's.
      >
      > Bob, WB4APR

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      > SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGESYahoo! Groups
      Links