RE: [ScoutRadio] Boy Scouts at the Dayton Hamvention, May 16-18

  • Robert Bruninga
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2008
      > The... Dayton Hamvention will feature our Boy
      > Scout program in a three day exhibit with a Forum
      > presentation on Saturday morning.

      I'm sure you are chock full of material during the Forum, but I
      would be happy to spend 5 minutes showing how we use APRS HT's
      to report troops and scores, and reports during camporees. To
      see it in a nutshell, see this web page:

      http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprsevent.html

      Next year we hope to use DTMF so that every single HT (with a
      key pad) can be used to enter reports, not just the APRS HT's.

      Bob, WB4APR
    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2008
        Follow-up to use of APRS for HT data reporting scout events:

        Actually, it only takes 3 PPT slides to cover the subject.
        Maybe someone already talking on a similar subject might find
        them useful in their talk.

        http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/APRS-scout-event.ppt

        If you can use them. Thanks. Bob, WB4APR

        Bruninga
        > Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 9:55 AM
        > To: ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com
        > Subject: RE: [ScoutRadio] Boy Scouts at the Dayton
        > Hamvention, May 16-18
        >
        > > The... Dayton Hamvention will feature our Boy
        > > Scout program in a three day exhibit with a Forum
        > > presentation on Saturday morning.
        >
        > I'm sure you are chock full of material during the Forum, but
        > would be happy to spend 5 minutes showing how we use APRS HT's
        > to report troops and scores, and reports during camporees. To
        > see it in a nutshell, see this web page:
        >
        > http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprsevent.html
        >
        > Next year we hope to use DTMF so that every single HT (with a
        > key pad) can be used to enter reports, not just the APRS HT's.
        >
        > Bob, WB4APR

        > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

        > SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGESYahoo! Groups
        Links