Dayton Hamvention and Boy Scouts

  • Bill Ragsdale
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 21 10:19 AM
      The Boy Scout Exhibit is proceeding well for the Dayton Hamvention.
      If you would like to do booth duty explaining Scouting to hams please
      go to
      http://tinyurl.com/4qsbed (in the Database section here on Yahoo) or
      email to the contact below. At least you can be added to our event
      planning email list.

      Bill Ragsdale's Forum talk slides may be downloaded from
      http://YoloBSA.editme.com/Dayton

      We are working on: a booth visitor list for followup, Registering
      Scout camps with ham stations for a contact award system, a continuous
      slide show of Scout/Ham events, signboard for photos.

      We would like to add a series of rotating 5-10 minute booth talks on
      topics like: knots for antennas, QRP for backpacking, teaching the
      Radio Merit Badge, etc. Contact me if you would like to present your
      favorite topic.

      Bill Ragsdale, K6KN, cell 530-867-6241, bill@...
    • Bill Cochran
      Message 2 of 14 , May 12, 2008
        First I would like to congratulate everyone's efforts at Dayton this
        coming week. Matt (kc8bew) told me about the display and it sounds like
        a great idea to promote Scouting and radio. I will be parked at the
        Comet Antenna display, booths 56, 57 and 58 in the main arena. Just
        look for the smart car on display. I plan on being at Dayton most of
        the time from Wednesday thru Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. I am
        looking forward to seeing the Scout Radio display and other Scouters
        from around the country. If you have anything I can put on my bumper to
        promote Scout Radio, please get me one and I will see that it gets on
        my car. 73s