Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Dayton Hamvention and Boy Scouts

  • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
      Hi guys.

      Since this thread's become a little stretched out, I thought I'd add a table
      in the ScoutRadio database, entitled "2008 Dayton Hamvention Scouter
      Availability."

      It can be found at:

      It provides for the exchange of basic information and the present table can
      be modified to suite your needs by anyone who's a list member.

      Fraternally,

      Jon Pearl - W4ABC

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
        The Boy Scout Exhibit is proceeding well for the Dayton Hamvention.
        If you would like to do booth duty explaining Scouting to hams please
        go to
        http://tinyurl.com/4qsbed (in the Database section here on Yahoo) or
        email to the contact below. At least you can be added to our event
        planning email list.

        Bill Ragsdale's Forum talk slides may be downloaded from
        http://YoloBSA.editme.com/Dayton

        We are working on: a booth visitor list for followup, Registering
        Scout camps with ham stations for a contact award system, a continuous
        slide show of Scout/Ham events, signboard for photos.

        We would like to add a series of rotating 5-10 minute booth talks on
        topics like: knots for antennas, QRP for backpacking, teaching the
        Radio Merit Badge, etc. Contact me if you would like to present your
        favorite topic.

        Bill Ragsdale, K6KN, cell 530-867-6241, bill@...
      • Bill Cochran
        Message 3 of 14 , May 12, 2008
          First I would like to congratulate everyone's efforts at Dayton this
          coming week. Matt (kc8bew) told me about the display and it sounds like
          a great idea to promote Scouting and radio. I will be parked at the
          Comet Antenna display, booths 56, 57 and 58 in the main arena. Just
          look for the smart car on display. I plan on being at Dayton most of
          the time from Wednesday thru Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. I am
          looking forward to seeing the Scout Radio display and other Scouters
          from around the country. If you have anything I can put on my bumper to
          promote Scout Radio, please get me one and I will see that it gets on
          my car. 73s