Re: [ScoutRadio] Re: Dayton Hamvention and Boy Scouts

  • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
      Hi guys.

      Since this thread's become a little stretched out, I thought I'd add a table
      in the ScoutRadio database, entitled "2008 Dayton Hamvention Scouter
      Availability."

      It can be found at:

      It provides for the exchange of basic information and the present table can
      be modified to suite your needs by anyone who's a list member.

      Fraternally,

      Jon Pearl - W4ABC

        >I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
        > but thought I'd update my post here.
        >
        > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
        > Muskingum Valley Council
        > Zanesville, OH
        >
        > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
        >>
        >> > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
        >> > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
        >> > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
        >> > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
        >>
        >> Bill,
        >> If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
        >>
        >> Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
        >> Muskingum Valley Council
        >> Zanesville, OH
      • Bill Ragsdale
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
          The Boy Scout Exhibit is proceeding well for the Dayton Hamvention.
          If you would like to do booth duty explaining Scouting to hams please
          go to
          http://tinyurl.com/4qsbed (in the Database section here on Yahoo) or
          email to the contact below. At least you can be added to our event
          planning email list.

          Bill Ragsdale's Forum talk slides may be downloaded from
          http://YoloBSA.editme.com/Dayton

          We are working on: a booth visitor list for followup, Registering
          Scout camps with ham stations for a contact award system, a continuous
          slide show of Scout/Ham events, signboard for photos.

          We would like to add a series of rotating 5-10 minute booth talks on
          topics like: knots for antennas, QRP for backpacking, teaching the
          Radio Merit Badge, etc. Contact me if you would like to present your
          favorite topic.

          Bill Ragsdale, K6KN, cell 530-867-6241, bill@...
        • Bill Cochran
          Message 4 of 14 , May 12 12:51 PM
            First I would like to congratulate everyone's efforts at Dayton this
            coming week. Matt (kc8bew) told me about the display and it sounds like
            a great idea to promote Scouting and radio. I will be parked at the
            Comet Antenna display, booths 56, 57 and 58 in the main arena. Just
            look for the smart car on display. I plan on being at Dayton most of
            the time from Wednesday thru Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. I am
            looking forward to seeing the Scout Radio display and other Scouters
            from around the country. If you have anything I can put on my bumper to
            promote Scout Radio, please get me one and I will see that it gets on
            my car. 73s