RE: [ScoutRadio] Re: Dayton Hamvention and Boy Scouts

  • Paul Finch
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
      Hello,

      I will be there with two other Hams but I also have a trailer load of
      "Stuff" to sell while there so I can't really help a lot but would like to
      visit so please make sure we know what your space number(s) are beforehand.

      Paul Finch
      Troop 147 Azle, Texas

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
        Hi guys.

        Since this thread's become a little stretched out, I thought I'd add a table
        in the ScoutRadio database, entitled "2008 Dayton Hamvention Scouter
        Availability."

        It can be found at:

        It provides for the exchange of basic information and the present table can
        be modified to suite your needs by anyone who's a list member.

        Fraternally,

        Jon Pearl - W4ABC

        >I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
        > but thought I'd update my post here.
        >
        > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
        > Muskingum Valley Council
        > Zanesville, OH
        >
        > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
        >>
        >> > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
        >> > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
        >> > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
        >> > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
        >>
        >> Bill,
        >> If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
        >>
        >> Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
        >> Muskingum Valley Council
        >> Zanesville, OH
      • Jon Pearl - W4ABC

          >I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
          > but thought I'd update my post here.
          >
          > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
          > Muskingum Valley Council
          > Zanesville, OH
          >
          > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
          >>
          >> > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
          >> > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
          >> > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
          >> > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
          >>
          >> Bill,
          >> If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
          >>
          >> Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
          >> Muskingum Valley Council
          >> Zanesville, OH
        • Bill Ragsdale
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
            The Boy Scout Exhibit is proceeding well for the Dayton Hamvention.
            If you would like to do booth duty explaining Scouting to hams please
            go to
            http://tinyurl.com/4qsbed (in the Database section here on Yahoo) or
            email to the contact below. At least you can be added to our event
            planning email list.

            Bill Ragsdale's Forum talk slides may be downloaded from
            http://YoloBSA.editme.com/Dayton

            We are working on: a booth visitor list for followup, Registering
            Scout camps with ham stations for a contact award system, a continuous
            slide show of Scout/Ham events, signboard for photos.

            We would like to add a series of rotating 5-10 minute booth talks on
            topics like: knots for antennas, QRP for backpacking, teaching the
            Radio Merit Badge, etc. Contact me if you would like to present your
            favorite topic.

            Bill Ragsdale, K6KN, cell 530-867-6241, bill@...
          • Bill Cochran
            Message 5 of 14 , May 12, 2008
              First I would like to congratulate everyone's efforts at Dayton this
              coming week. Matt (kc8bew) told me about the display and it sounds like
              a great idea to promote Scouting and radio. I will be parked at the
              Comet Antenna display, booths 56, 57 and 58 in the main arena. Just
              look for the smart car on display. I plan on being at Dayton most of
              the time from Wednesday thru Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. I am
              looking forward to seeing the Scout Radio display and other Scouters
              from around the country. If you have anything I can put on my bumper to
              promote Scout Radio, please get me one and I will see that it gets on
              my car. 73s