Re: Dayton Hamvention and Boy Scouts

  • Matt Murphy
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
      I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
      but thought I'd update my post here.

      Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
      Muskingum Valley Council
      Zanesville, OH

      --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:

      > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
      >
      > > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
      > > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
      > > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
      > > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
      >
      > Bill,
      > If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
      >
      > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
      > Muskingum Valley Council
      > Zanesville, OH

    • Paul Finch
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
        Hello,

        I will be there with two other Hams but I also have a trailer load of
        "Stuff" to sell while there so I can't really help a lot but would like to
        visit so please make sure we know what your space number(s) are beforehand.

        Paul Finch
        Troop 147 Azle, Texas

        I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
        but thought I'd update my post here.

        Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
        Muskingum Valley Council
        Zanesville, OH

        --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:

        > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
        >
        > > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
        > > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
        > > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
        > > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
        >
        > Bill,
        > If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
        >
        > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
        > Muskingum Valley Council
        > Zanesville, OH

        Checked by AVG.
        4:20 PM

        Checked by AVG.
        4:20 PM
      • Jon Pearl - W4ABC
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 10, 2008
          Hi guys.

          Since this thread's become a little stretched out, I thought I'd add a table
          in the ScoutRadio database, entitled "2008 Dayton Hamvention Scouter
          Availability."

          It can be found at:

          It provides for the exchange of basic information and the present table can
          be modified to suite your needs by anyone who's a list member.

          Fraternally,

          Jon Pearl - W4ABC

          >I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
          > but thought I'd update my post here.
          >
          > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
          > Muskingum Valley Council
          > Zanesville, OH
          >
          > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
          >>
          >> > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
          >> > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
          >> > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
          >> > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
          >>
          >> Bill,
          >> If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
          >>
          >> Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
          >> Muskingum Valley Council
          >> Zanesville, OH
        • Jon Pearl - W4ABC

            >I will be able to help out at Hamvention. I've already talked to Bill
            > but thought I'd update my post here.
            >
            > Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
            > Muskingum Valley Council
            > Zanesville, OH
            >
            > --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Murphy" <kc8bew@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> --- In ScoutRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Ragsdale" <Bill@> wrote:
            >>
            >> > I am considering ordering an exhibit space so we can have a continuing
            >> > presence through the event. Do I have any volunteers who would like to
            >> > do booth duty during the Hamvention? Does anyone have a suitable
            >> > table-top display for Scouting and ham radio?
            >>
            >> Bill,
            >> If my schedule works out so I can attend, I would be able to help out.
            >>
            >> Matthew Murphy, kc8bew
            >> Muskingum Valley Council
            >> Zanesville, OH
          • Bill Ragsdale
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 21, 2008
              The Boy Scout Exhibit is proceeding well for the Dayton Hamvention.
              If you would like to do booth duty explaining Scouting to hams please
              go to
              http://tinyurl.com/4qsbed (in the Database section here on Yahoo) or
              email to the contact below. At least you can be added to our event
              planning email list.

              Bill Ragsdale's Forum talk slides may be downloaded from
              http://YoloBSA.editme.com/Dayton

              We are working on: a booth visitor list for followup, Registering
              Scout camps with ham stations for a contact award system, a continuous
              slide show of Scout/Ham events, signboard for photos.

              We would like to add a series of rotating 5-10 minute booth talks on
              topics like: knots for antennas, QRP for backpacking, teaching the
              Radio Merit Badge, etc. Contact me if you would like to present your
              favorite topic.

              Bill Ragsdale, K6KN, cell 530-867-6241, bill@...
            • Bill Cochran
              Message 6 of 14 , May 12, 2008
                First I would like to congratulate everyone's efforts at Dayton this
                coming week. Matt (kc8bew) told me about the display and it sounds like
                a great idea to promote Scouting and radio. I will be parked at the
                Comet Antenna display, booths 56, 57 and 58 in the main arena. Just
                look for the smart car on display. I plan on being at Dayton most of
                the time from Wednesday thru Sunday. Please stop by and say hello. I am
                looking forward to seeing the Scout Radio display and other Scouters
                from around the country. If you have anything I can put on my bumper to
                promote Scout Radio, please get me one and I will see that it gets on
                my car. 73s